Username
Password
Senses Fail News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Senses Fail
Inside AP.net

Senses Fail Talk About Their Future

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/04/12)
Senses Fail are planning a new album and have a DVD update.
From the InterviewYeah. It’s definitely changed. There was talk of doing that and now it’s just that a DVD or a documentary or a thing like that costs a lot of money to do. It’s just not something that you don’t really know how much you are going to get out of putting a lot of money into it. We talked about doing a Kickstarter, but I really hate the overuse of Kickstarter from well known bands. It’s a tough argument on how it can be perceived and what it should be used for. We were throwing around the idea of how we were going to fund this thing. Does the label want to fund it? Are they interested? How many people are really going to… I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing it. I don’t know how many people would be interested in buying it. So that’s kind of what we ran into with how we fund it and how we make it happen. The thing is, we caught a lot of footage. Over 8 terabytes of footage literally dating back to the first time that we ever practiced. Up until, I don’t know… we just played a show in Starland. That was kind of the last footage we have of us playing in Starland with Saves The Day over the holidays. We literally have thousands of hours of video tape documenting every tour we’ve ever done, every video we’ve ever done, recording processes from a lot of different records. So we have a lot of stuff to put together. But we want it to also include interviews with people that were a part of all of it, you know? Old managers, people who’ve worked at the labels we’ve been on, obviously the band members, ex-band members. That’s where the money starts to be an issue. Like how do you fund that? Right now we’re at the point where basically my mom has had all of this footage and she’s going to start putting it together. I don’t know what’s going to come of it. If what she puts together ends up being good, we’ll put it out. If it ends up being something we think is just kind of throw-away, we probably won’t put it out. It’s just hard. We’re not fuckin’ Pearl Jam. We’re not Soundgarden, we’re not Nirvana or Foo Fighters. We don’t have this legendary story. A band that started from nothing and went on to be one of the biggest bands in the entire world that spanned over twenty years. We’ve been a band for ten years and I think we’ve accomplished a lot, but it’s not this overwhelming story arc. I think if you like Senses Fail, you’d enjoy watching it, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be the type of thing where if you’re not a fan of the band, are you going to be interested in it? I don’t know. So right now it’s very much loose. We’re going to start doing some interviews to piece together the timeline of what we’re going to put together. I’m not really that involved with it because I have a lot of other stuff going on. We all do. That’s not our focus. That’s another reason why this thing is taking a lot of time. It’s something that could happen but hasn’t happened because it takes a lot of work, takes a lot of time, takes a lot of money, and we’re just not sure how good of a thing we’re going to come up with. So until we kind of piece that together with some of the interviews and it starts to take shape, we’re not going to know if we’re really going to release it. Worst case scenario, it’s something that we’ll just put up online, just for people to check out.

Submitted by zack-182

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
04:40 PM on 06/04/12
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
hope this comes to fruition, i'd definitely be interested.
04:42 PM on 06/04/12
scott!athedisco
User Info.
these guys sound really level-headed and content with what they've achieved and where Senses Fail is at, I like that.
04:48 PM on 06/04/12
_veges_
User Info.
After War Paint I'm very excited to hear more new stuff from them
04:52 PM on 06/04/12
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
After War Paint I'm very excited to hear more new stuff from them
Wrong band.

My bad. War Paint made me think of Dangerous Summer. I apparently don't follow SF's career that closely.
04:56 PM on 06/04/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.

Right band. SF's new song from very recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IxxWWKXhc
04:58 PM on 06/04/12
DCART
@DylanCarty
User Info.
very well said, would be interested
04:59 PM on 06/04/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
i've always loved reading/watching buddy's interviews. he is what "real" is not and the waste of life nevershoutnever dork

uh, no.
05:03 PM on 06/04/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
This band's ability to stay relevant is really impressive, especially when most of the bands that got big during that era are all dead and buried
05:20 PM on 06/04/12
WakeUpBlondie
Back from '09
User Info.
I seen nothing wrong with kickstarter as long as they refuse donations after their goals has been reached, and offer legitimate incentives (versus a tweet, like some of which I've seen)

I'd totally love to see SF do something new
05:22 PM on 06/04/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
What's a kick starter?
05:35 PM on 06/04/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't particularly like Senses Fail but I would actually be interested to watch this!
05:36 PM on 06/04/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What's a kick starter?

It's a nifty little move you do to get your car working if it doesn't want to crank.
05:50 PM on 06/04/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
would love a documentary dvd from these dudes
their live dvd was awesome & worth the wait
05:55 PM on 06/04/12
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
This is something I'd gladly sink money into. So much love and respect for this band and what they put out.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums