Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 53
05:31 PM on 06/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Uh oh, this kid definitely is the type of 16-20 demo right now that tells all his friends he only likes pop-punk and YOLO music. But when he is home alone he likes everything.
What is YOLO music? lol that's now considered a genre?!? Btw, I fucking hate that acronym.
05:33 PM on 06/05/12
Xuut
Always carry a towel
User Info.
I've never seen 1 tween at a 3DG show. It's all college bros and women with low self esteem.

It was the cool thing to like at my Junior High for soem reason, and after a certain point, it left me rather sour. It was especially popular with the people who "liked ALL music".

I don't know if they ever came to where I lived though.
05:42 PM on 06/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
It was the cool thing to like at my Junior High for soem reason, and after a certain point, it left me rather sour. It was especially popular with the people who "liked ALL music".

I don't know if they ever came to where I lived though.
Well they are from Canada so I'm sure they were a cool band to get into.
05:50 PM on 06/05/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

How big are they in the States? I'm assuming they never achieved the mainstream commercial success they did in Canada. The fact that their songs were on the radio 24/7 is the reason why so many kids at my junior high loved them.
06:15 PM on 06/05/12
Xuut
Always carry a towel
User Info.

Yep, there is nothing Canada loves more than promoting Canadian bands. Hedley and Mariana's Trench get played a lot here too despite their lack of popularity in the States.
06:18 PM on 06/05/12
jlinitz
Johnny B
User Info.
This. They obviously pick the ones the majority will like. But "No More" off the last record I thought was very catchy and diverse from there other stuff.

ANd the whole, "bros and shit must be going nuts" stuff is a stupid thing to say. This site cracks me up, I keep coming back because the staff is great and the news is always up-to-date. People will say the same thing in 5 years when all the 14 year olds have grown up and they'll say,"Wonder Years r so br00tal they died like 5 years ago" or "FYS is so irrelevant now wtf???"

Sure, I don't like bands I used to, or there are plenty of bands people like on here that I dont like. But why bother commenting on something if you hate the band?
Word hahah everyone is a music elitist on this site. Just listen to what you like and stop shitting on everyone else's tastes
06:56 PM on 06/05/12
thispartysux128
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
More Like "Transit of Penis"...
07:13 PM on 06/05/12
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
This band.... I'd have been excited if I was 12.
07:49 PM on 06/05/12
Corgkowznor
Registered Member
User Info.
How big are they in the States? I'm assuming they never achieved the mainstream commercial success they did in Canada. The fact that their songs were on the radio 24/7 is the reason why so many kids at my junior high loved them.
Pretty damn big--headline 15-20K outdoor ampitheaters...consistently played on alt/hard rock radio, and Lost in You I think even crossed over to some more mainstream/top 40 stations.

Band has some songs that suck, but they're pretty good overall...if hard rock isn't your thing, then its not your thing. But just like Shinedown, Seether, etc...some tracks are really fun and most of the time you get a great live show.
07:55 PM on 06/05/12
InfiniteArms
Oh, the places you'll go!
User Info.
Three Days Grace is one of my favorite bands, and possibly the only band in this genre, that I genuinely like. I am so excited for this record, but the title is a little cheesy.

...Sucks how this site hates hard rock.
08:14 PM on 06/05/12
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
The bands not that bad, they just pick the shittiest songs in their discography as their singles.
... no, their that bad
08:19 PM on 06/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
They were main support on Uproar Fest last year and when their last album came out, they did an arena co-headlining tour with Breaking Benjamin. They are pretty huge over here.
08:21 PM on 06/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Yep, there is nothing Canada loves more than promoting Canadian bands. Hedley and Mariana's Trench get played a lot here too despite their lack of popularity in the States.
I'm assuming Nickelback and Bieber get played twice as much?
08:27 PM on 06/05/12
Xuut
Always carry a towel
User Info.
I'm assuming Nickelback and Bieber get played twice as much?

I no longer touch the radio, at all. It irritates me too much but last time I tried Bieber was played eight or nine times. Ridiculous. Nickelback not so much, maybe once? Canada hates Nickelback too. Sometimes I wonder how they have fans because everyone I know hates them...
08:33 PM on 06/05/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I no longer touch the radio, at all. It irritates me too much but last time I tried Bieber was played eight or nine times. Ridiculous. Nickelback not so much, maybe once? Canada hates Nickelback too. Sometimes I wonder how they have fans because everyone I know hates them...
Jeez. So Canada, US and Portugal all hate Nickelback but they're still in the top 3 of biggest mainstream rock bands out now? How does that work?!?!? They do bring out awesome support for each tour but on their current tour they have Bush, Seether and My Darkest Days. I strongly doubt 1,000 people come out just for Bush. Looks like 15-20k a city still love Chad and the boys.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos