AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Please Remain Hostage Calm

Posted by - 10:39 AM on 06/06/12
Hostage Calm have entered the studio with producer J. Robbins to record their new album, Please Remain Calm. It will be released in the fall via Run For Cover Records.
StatementI was waiting on a train that was never going to leave. 5 am in Baltimore Penn.

The sullen train car sank into the tracks. Wrinkled newspapers finally gave in to the sleeping passengers' laps. The seats creaked as the anxious teens and twenty-somethings wrestled with what was to come. The rumor was the track went out of service.

Everyone was tired of "the economy." No one knew who won the wars. Or how they were ever supposed to be won. Whoever still had the energy was arguing over whether America was stagnating or in decline.

My Mom had lost her job and gone without work for a year; she was losing the house. Three other houses on my street were left abandoned. I had graduated school and was scraping by on odd jobs. It seemed like myself and everyone I knew were going through this monumental standstill, this endless waiting.

I got to thinking that there's a song across every corner of this wounded place that maybe everybody knew, but no one's singing. And it was then at 5am in Baltimore Penn that punk music needed to tell the story of the great recession. Not the politics, not the sloganeering, but how it feels to be young in the American decline.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
10:41 AM on 06/06/12
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Awesome, I can't wait!
10:42 AM on 06/06/12
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
10:43 AM on 06/06/12
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
always good news
10:44 AM on 06/06/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
One of the best bands i've discovered the past few years... are there any other ones that sound somewhat like their self titled ?
10:59 AM on 06/06/12
uglystar03
User Info.
That last paragraph gets me all excited.
11:04 AM on 06/06/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
gonna rule.
11:07 AM on 06/06/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Record is going to be wild
11:07 AM on 06/06/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of the best bands i've discovered the past few years... are there any other ones that sound somewhat like their self titled ?

Nope. Extremely unique band.
11:13 AM on 06/06/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Get a job hippie.
11:18 AM on 06/06/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
So fucking happy!

Been waiting for this forever, can't wait.
11:43 AM on 06/06/12
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
Most anticipated. So stoked!
12:01 PM on 06/06/12
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Never listened to this band but that write up got me excited.
12:25 PM on 06/06/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
This will rule.

As far as present acts, always thought that album had ties to Crime in Stereo (which I know is an influence--compare the riff in "Where the Waters Call Home" to "Third Atlantic") and Gatsbys American Dream (sheer coincidence).
12:27 PM on 06/06/12
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
"I got to thinking that there's a song across every corner of this wounded place that maybe everybody knew, but no one's singing. And it was then at 5am in Baltimore Penn that punk music needed to tell the story of the great recession. Not the politics, not the sloganeering, but how it feels to be young in the American decline."

Fuck, made me think of On The Impossible Past for a second there. Mad stoked for this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos