AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Alkaline Trio News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Matt Skiba's First Sekrets Doesn't Seem to Go Well

Posted by - 10:16 AM on 06/08/12
As seen in this video, at the first Matt Skiba and the Sekrets show last night in Chicago -- it didn't go well. He later tweeted: "Sorry to all who came to the Metro tonight and felt let down. It won't happen again....thank you all."

Update: A fan from the show checked in with their thoughts and observations in the replies. Train. Wreck.

Submitted by PerfectChaos337

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 269
10:16 AM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:17 AM on 06/08/12
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
If anyone went how was empires?
10:19 AM on 06/08/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Good thing I didn't go to this show. He looks like he was completely fucked out of his mind.
10:21 AM on 06/08/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Id like to think he apologized for wearing that weird ass head dress thing.
10:24 AM on 06/08/12
glogglies
User Info.
Its amazing how long I've been a fan of this guy and Alkaline Trio, and how quickly I'm starting to hate him.
10:26 AM on 06/08/12
ElGordoTacos
User Info.
If I said it once I've said it a million times, cocaine is a hell of a drug!

But in all seriousness dude has been completely whacked out the last few years. I've meet Dereck and Dan in the last year or so and they were completely down to earth and normal dudes. Hopefully Matt can clean up.
10:30 AM on 06/08/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
So many terribly hilarious things happening in this video
10:31 AM on 06/08/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
My buddy went and was txting me during more of their set.

I can't imagine how awkward it must have been for fans. When do go from cheering to booing at something like this?
10:31 AM on 06/08/12
HopeInLove
User Info.
Man that was just embarrassing ...why would you even go on stage that fucked.
10:37 AM on 06/08/12
scott!athedisco
User Info.
Wow that was significantly worse than I thought it would be before I clicked on it.
10:37 AM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
We got a lot of submissions about this:

I attended the first ever Matt Skiba & The Sekrets concert at the Metro in Chicago last night and it was an absolute TRAIN WRECK. Just search Matt Skiba on Twitter or look at the group's facebook page to see how absolutely pissed off everyone was/is. Tons of people left after the second song. There was a guy who even made his way to the front only to rip his ticket up and throw it at them on stage before exiting.

The band came out to start with Voices and Skiba was so fucked up he couldn't remember the lyrics or music. His voice was half gone so he also couldn't hit any notes. They stopped and started the song twice and still couldn't get through it so they said they would come back to it later (and they did at the very end and Skiba STILL couldn't manage the fucking song). He actually had a music stand on stage with lyrics for the whole set but he kept accidentally knocking the sheets off, and seemed to be forgetful of when he was supposed to change guitars and how to deal with his own guitar strap (his poor tech guy had a rough night trying to baby him through everything).

This was hands down the worst concert I have ever been to. People are in the right asking for their money back. Skiba made a complete ass of himself. For the record, the Sekrets were fantastic. They were all prepared and knew their shit. Skiba apologized throughout and said something about being able to get away with murder in Chicago, but jesus. His bandmates wanted to KILL HIM. He was supposed to do a solo Alk3 song, too, and he couldn't remember the starting chords so his bandmates just came back out on stage to rescue him.

Sigh.

Submitted by notyourstar79
10:39 AM on 06/08/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Damn, that's disappointing.
10:40 AM on 06/08/12
ElGordoTacos
User Info.
https://twitter.com/matttskiba/statu...35285973254144

I'm calling bullshit. I could understand if it was some kind of experimental music/record he was scared of introducing it to the audience, but there was nothing different from Babylon and the last few Trio records.
10:42 AM on 06/08/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Yikes, what a let down for the fans.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT