AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stick To Your Guns Frontman Launches Kickstarter To Record Solo Album

Posted by - 07:49 AM on 06/11/12
Stick To Your Guns' Jesse Barnett has started a Kickstarter to fund a solo acoustic album of 8-10 songs. He's looking for $2,000 to get the project underway.
From the KickstarterI am really looking forward to this because these songs will be entirely mine with no one else’s input. It will be a chance for me to step outside of what I am normally used to and allow me the opportunity to do anything that I damn well please. I have had an overwhelming amount of emails and tweets of people asking me to do an acoustic album. If i can get the money raised, I will go into the studio in july and record an album of 8 - 10 original songs.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
07:56 AM on 06/11/12
jeremyhum27
User Info.
i am normally pro-kickstarter. but this dude should use his own money. work a job, use the money you make from your band. and i know bands hardly ever make any money ever doing anything, i get it. if you love your music, and you need to record these songs to express yourself and hopefully connect with people who identify with your music. fund it yourself. quit relying on the kids that spend their parents money on you.
07:57 AM on 06/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Quote:
I am really looking forward to this because these songs will be entirely mine with no one else’s input.

Isn't that called Stick to your Guns? I'm a huge fan of them but they went through so many members already and Jesse is the only original member. I'd be down with Diamond Acoustic.
08:06 AM on 06/11/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Get a job.
08:22 AM on 06/11/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
i am normally pro-kickstarter. but this dude should use his own money. work a job, use the money you make from your band. and i know bands hardly ever make any money ever doing anything, i get it. if you love your music, and you need to record these songs to express yourself and hopefully connect with people who identify with your music. fund it yourself. quit relying on the kids that spend their parents money on you.
Everything you said pretty much meant you're anti-kickstarter.
08:26 AM on 06/11/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
08:40 AM on 06/11/12
jeremyhum27
User Info.
Everything you said pretty much meant you're anti-kickstarter.

depending on what the people are asking for, from what i gather this guy is just going to record an acoustic record. which he could really do for a lot less than 2k. it just seems like he is lazy and taking advantage of the fans he made with his other thing he does. i am a biased asshole like everyone else i guess. if this was chris conley or someone i liked i would throw money at them i am sure.
08:45 AM on 06/11/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
depending on what the people are asking for, from what i gather this guy is just going to record an acoustic record. which he could really do for a lot less than 2k. it just seems like he is lazy and taking advantage of the fans he made with his other thing he does. i am a biased asshole like everyone else i guess. if this was chris conley or someone i liked i would throw money at them i am sure.
Gotcha.
08:49 AM on 06/11/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I love STYG but shit all you need is a few mics....condensor and a sm57 and a mac. Most musicians have essential things like this. you don't need a studio to record acoustic songs....point in case is Brendon from Foreverinmotion that recorded his whole record in his bedroom.

but since people are so quick to give money on this kickstarter thing, he's using it to his full advantage along with everyone else these days.
08:56 AM on 06/11/12
prospekt
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can't this guy use the money he's gotten from STYG?
08:56 AM on 06/11/12
Brandonmorrill
User Info.
I'd fund if it was all STYG covers.
08:57 AM on 06/11/12
signal to noise
User Info.
record it on your computer and give it out for free. fuck kickstarters being made for every single fuckin music project.
09:00 AM on 06/11/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This is the only music scene that straight up ABUSES kickstarter. What a fucking joke.
09:05 AM on 06/11/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Acoustic albums = boring 100% of the time. Over the years I have amassed a large collection of bands obligatory acoustic outings and have never listened to ANY of them more than 1 or 2 times. They simply do nothing for me and every time I listen to one I long to listen the actual version. I just don't get why people always push for these, they suck IMO.
09:08 AM on 06/11/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Can't this guy use the money he's gotten from STYG?
A band like this would make next to no money.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos