haha.... maybe we can do each others makeup and be best friends? <3
04:44 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old
Davey looks kinda fruity.

Ahh, cmon lets not have this thread go there.

Anyway, Dave grew up loving David Bowie, New York Dolls, Misfits..etc, so theres gonna be some theatrics in his rock n roll.
04:47 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old

Proof.

04:50 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
jenniferlee
Claremont, Ca
Female - 32 Years Old

haha jesus krueger?
04:54 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old

As played by Hunter.
04:58 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
jenniferlee
Claremont, Ca
Female - 32 Years Old
As played by Hunter.

hahah...where did you find this?
05:00 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
cereal4life
Perth
Male - 26 Years Old
I got into AFI through Sing the Sorrow which I really, really liked but after working backward in the discography, I didn't like much of their earlier stuff. To be expected I guess! Decemberunderground is a bit lacklustre too methinks.
05:06 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old
I got into AFI through Sing the Sorrow which I really, really liked but after working backward in the discography, I didn't like much of their earlier stuff. To be expected I guess! Decemberunderground is a bit lacklustre too methinks.

Really? theres so much of it...Im not a huge fan of "Answer That And Stay Fashionable" or "Very Proud Of You"....but "Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes" really showed some potential and to me, they def. realized it with "Black Sails In The Sunset", polished it with "Art of Drowning" and perfected it with "Sing The Sorrow". It's always hard to follow such a great album like that and DU was def a step backwards but Im looking forward to what they do next.
05:09 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old
hahah...where did you find this?

The myspace belonging to Hunter's side project.
05:19 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
animperfectcry
cinematic
maineee
Female - 24 Years Old
Well, I did a search and no AFI threads. Weird. Anyway, def one of my favorite bands of all time. Going through their catalogue of albums, they def arent afraid of change and I love that. "Black Sails In The Sunset", "Art Of Drowning" are classics front to end but their best piece of work to me is "Sing The Sorrow". I will go so far as to say one of the best "rock" albums in 10 years beginning to start. Anyway, crazy to think this band has been at it for over 15 years now. I can remember the days of them playing small ass clubs with At The Drive In (of course I missed it), Sick Of It All, and others. It's awesome to see how far they have come. Share some love!/discussion.

afi is my favorite band.
they have been for a while now.
sing the sorrow was the album that
started me off...
and then I fell in love with all the older stuff as well.
..as for du,
I agree with what you said further down
that only about 4 songs are really worth the listen..
and the singles they put out off that record..
are soooo blah to me now.
I heard miss murder in jan. of 06ish I believe..
and I loved it. then it was the single..
and I hated it. way overplayed on the radio here.
and love like winter..used to be really good.
and the missing frame..was kinda ehh.

I love kill caustic, endlessly she said, affliction,
killing lights, kiss and control,and summer shudder.

and I'm wicked pumped for the new EP.
I'm hoping I haven't heard any of the songs.
I've all ready heard carcinogen crush..and wasn't very impressed at all..
then I read what jade wrote in a myspace blog,
saying that c.c. was the only song hunter had every written for afi.
and that explained everything, hahaha. not to hate on hunter at all. =]

but yea, I'm hoping and wishing for big things for the next album.
and hoping to see them again live once it's released..<333
05:21 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
cereal4life
Perth
Male - 26 Years Old
Really? theres so much of it...Im not a huge fan of "Answer That And Stay Fashionable" or "Very Proud Of You"....but "Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes" really showed some potential and to me, they def. realized it with "Black Sails In The Sunset", polished it with "Art of Drowning" and perfected it with "Sing The Sorrow". It's always hard to follow such a great album like that and DU was def a step backwards but Im looking forward to what they do next.

Immediately after making that post I realised that I hadn't listened to all of their earlier material at all! I went to pg 1 and saw your "greater than" album list and was like "say what? I didn't know they had that many!" My friend who is a self-proclaimed die-heard (or rather "die-hard") AFI fan said he had all the albums pre-STS and only gave me Answer that and Stay Fashionable and Black Sails into the Sunset. I didn't like either very much too be honest, aside from a couple of tracks. What others are worth checking out? By the sounds of what you said, the two albums before Sing the Sorrow?
05:21 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
animperfectcry
cinematic
maineee
Female - 24 Years Old
Im listening to that right now! get out of my head! The drums, guitar, bass and vocals are so amazing in this song...def one of their best.

davey havok is in my top 5 all time best vocalists and lyrcists..
by far.
05:28 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old
Immediately after making that post I realised that I hadn't listened to all of their earlier material at all! I went to pg 1 and saw your "greater than" album list and was like "say what? I didn't know they had that many!" My friend who is a self-proclaimed die-heard (or rather "die-hard") AFI fan said he had all the albums pre-STS and only gave me Answer that and Stay Fashionable and Black Sails into the Sunset. I didn't like either very much too be honest, aside from a couple of tracks. What others are worth checking out? By the sounds of what you said, the two albums before Sing the Sorrow?

Yea...those two are my favorite after Sing The Sorrow. If you didnt like Black Sails, no fear, try "Art of Drowning"....that's the album before Sing The Sorrow. Really good.

If youre into hardcore leaning punk like (ala- Sick Of It All) I would reccomend AFI's "Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes".
05:29 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
animperfectcry
cinematic
maineee
Female - 24 Years Old

you need to hear these songs:

of greeting and goodbyes
synesthsia
clove smoke catharsis
god called in sick today
total immortal
a winter's tale
morningstar
the despair factor
now the world
a single second
no poetic device
the prayer position
weathered tome
days of the phoenix
the nephilim
malleus maleficarum
third season
the new patron saints and angels
don't change
on the arrow
jack the ripper
I wanna get a mohawk..

and they do amazing covers!!
check out:
head like a hole
last caress
halloween
ziggey stardust
just like heaven

=]
05:33 PM on 11/14/07 
User Info.
Dr. Acula
Chicagoland
Male - 30 Years Old
davey havok is in my top 5 all time best vocalists and lyrcists..
by far.

Hes def. a GREAT vocalist...proven more so if you've seen them live. No tricks done in the studio for sure with that voice.

As far as lyrics, I loved everything from Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes until Sing The Sorrow...he kinda lost his touch on DU with the lame concept though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos