AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Falling In Reverse - 06.11.12

Interviewed by: Jake Denning (06/12/12)
For those who still don't know, Falling In Reverse is the new project that vocalist Ronnie Radke started while incarcerated in Nevada. I had the opportunity to catch the band play a half hour set on last year's Warped Tour in Hillsboro, OR, while I was waiting for Yelawolf to finish his signing. The crowd was arguably the largest one for that particular stage, not to mention they were competing with 80's wannabe's Asking Alexandria at the exact same time slot.

Fast forward about 10 months, and Falling In Reverse is signed on to play Main Stage. Like it or not, the crowds that are likely to come out are far too big for a side stage, so it only makes sense. I spoke to guitarist Jacky Vincent about what the band's been up to, and their time on this summer's Warped Tour. It would probably be a good guess to assume they'll be "covering" Escape The Fate's "Situations", the very song that catapulted Radke into the spotlight 6 years ago.

First off, you just shot a new music video. Can you tell us which song it'll be for?

I don't know if I can release that yet.

Do you know when it might be out?

Real soon, that's all I can say. I'm not fully sure when they're gonna be done editing it.

Can you say who directed it?

Yeah, Zack Merck.

Your debut album, The Drug In Me Is You, has been out for about a year. I guess you guys are already writing for a new album?

Yeah, we've been writing a lot, we've got some really sick demos and stuff. Everything is definitely a step up, we're writing all the time.

What sets it apart from the last album?

I don't want to give anything away, because it's top secret, but it'll definitely make people say "What the fuck"...in a good way.

As a guitarist, do you plan on throwing in more shedding parts and more solos?

Well, that has to fit naturally with the song. Sometimes a song is a bit poppier, and there's not a real need for it, but yeah, I wanna do it, but there's not a real need - I try to do it as much as I can.

Yeah, it's definitely we don't see much anymore, solos.

Yeah, we're big 80's fans, Ronnie and myself especially, and Derek too, we're all big hair metal fans. When we were kids, we'd see all the hair metal bands with their solos, and it inspired me to play music today. I just want to incorporate that stuff that we saw.

You're back on this year's Warped Tour, this time on Mainstage; just to confirm, you'll be on the entire tour, yes?

Yeah, we're doing the entire tour.

You played a couple dates during the last half of the tour, and the crowds that came out were massive for a side stage. What are you expecting from the tour this year?

I think it's going to be bigger, honestly. From being on the radio, and touring various places that have sold well, I think it's going to be bigger from last year. I'm so excited for it, it's going to be a good experience.

What can we expect from your set?

Just a great live show.

Can we expect any cover songs or new material during the tour?

We'll have to see; I don't even know, I'd tell you if I knew. I guess you'll find out when you find out.

Who are you looking forward to seeing on this tour?

Definitely Senses Fail, Buddy is a great lyricist and front man; I've been a fan of that band for a long time, so I'm really excited to see them. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Motionless In White, For Today and The Ghost Inside. But yeah, the one I'm most excited about is Senses Fail.

Can you tell us what the band might be doing after Warped Tour, as far as touring goes?

I don't think anything is set in stone right now, but we're looking at some tours with some bands people are really going to like, so that's all I can really say for now.

What's one thing about your music that you've never mentioned before in an interview?

Definitely with some of these new demos, it gets really progressive at times and pushes the boundaries a bit.

Are there any other news you can let us in on?

Not as of yet, sorry.

Will you guys have any surprises coming out in the summer, or right now is it all Warped Tour?

Just Warped Tour for now.

Is there anything else you'd like to add before we go?

No, not right now. Thanks for getting in touch.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31.
12:32 PM on 06/12/12
locals2matches
Galleries - NY
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's so cool how he's so secretive about everything, like pulling teeth to get basic answers on basic topics.
12:43 PM on 06/12/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Looks like most everything in this band's world is top secret!!
01:02 PM on 06/12/12
seanthethief
User Info.

he can't talk about it anymore otherwise people might start stealing their song ideas. You know, about drugs and stuff.
01:09 PM on 06/12/12
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
Quote:
they were competing with 80's wannabe's Asking Alexandria at the exact same time slot.

These two bands look/sound so similar. Ronnie Radke wants to be in Motley Crue more than anything.
01:11 PM on 06/12/12
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
If they told you, they'd probably have to kill you.
01:15 PM on 06/12/12
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
this was a very strange interview, it seems like it might have been pretty awkward.
01:20 PM on 06/12/12
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
this was a very strange interview, it seems like it might have been pretty awkward.
It wasn't awkward and he was cool and everything, but yeah, I'll admit I was a tad disappointed that he couldn't/wouldn't open up more. Thanks for reading it though, I appreciate it.
01:40 PM on 06/12/12
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
I wonder how Buddy feels about him liking Senses Fail.
01:43 PM on 06/12/12
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
"Awesome, nice of him to say so!"
02:13 PM on 06/12/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
These two bands look/sound so similar. Ronnie Radke wants to be in Motley Crue more than anything.
just bc they are both 80s hair metal inspired doesn't mean they automatically sound the same. i don't think they sound remotely similar. also i don't see it being a bad thing for a band to show there musical inspirations in there music and on stage appearance. i don't think there's too many people in this world that would have had a problem being apart of motley crue at some point lol.
02:16 PM on 06/12/12
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
just bc they are both 80s hair metal inspired doesn't mean they automatically sound the same. i don't think they sound remotely similar. also i don't see it being a bad thing for a band to show there musical inspirations in there music and on stage appearance. i don't think there's too many people in this world that would have had a problem being apart of motley crue at some point lol.
No Im just point out how what I quoted from the interview is somewhat biased to say because Falling In Reverse wants to be in a time machine back to the 80's, stylistically, just as much as Asking Alexandria
02:27 PM on 06/12/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
No Im just point out how what I quoted from the interview is somewhat biased to say because Falling In Reverse wants to be in a time machine back to the 80's, stylistically, just as much as Asking Alexandria
well like i said i don't see it being a bad thing for bands to show there musical inspirations, no matter what generation its from.
02:38 PM on 06/12/12
_veges_
User Info.
Exactly what I thought. I don't really see Buddy being a big Falling In Reverse fan lol
03:28 PM on 06/12/12
brainsforkids
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can I have the photo you posted with the interview? Do you have it in a bigger size? Btw, I think he looks like really 'mysterious' just because is English & not very talkative, haha.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS