AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Anti-Flag Interview, Reactions Stream,...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/12/12)
If you head over to PropertyOfZack, you can check out a very interesting interview with Anti-Flag where the band discusses almost breaking up before their new album, a Reactions song stream, and a road blog from The Maine.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
11:46 PM on 06/12/12
thesafeword
-
User Info.
poz'd us again!
12:18 AM on 06/13/12
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
A-F interview's a good read.
12:56 AM on 06/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
These are fairly regular in case you haven't noticed.
01:16 AM on 06/13/12
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
User Info.
that's so poz
01:16 AM on 06/13/12
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
User Info.
poz party?
07:34 AM on 06/13/12
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
that's a wonderful interview and it addresses so many things that i've assumed about the band since i saw them last fall in brooklyn. It's true...i've always questioned what and how a band like Anti-Flag continues. I mean let's face it, their career has already peaked, and they're simply at the stage of their career where it's like, "what now? another album..another year of touring the same venues etc etc". I love actually hearing that from them because it's so honest and understandable. I think the new album is great and features tons of classic anti-flag in their...but its still juts like, "whats the point".

the only thing a band can do to keep it fresh is to try and make albums that they love, but even that gets old, especially when you have to write the same sort of music each time, and you're stuck to a certain sound. I think this band would benefit from a nice year or two off and then just come back whenever...

when you're a band and you know that you've basically already experienced all the possible "highs" that you could posibly get, i'm sure it's a little disheartening.

ive thought this exact same thing for bands like Motion City Soundtrack. the reason bands like Reel big fish, flogging molly, and bouncing souls can keep going is because... a)RBF has lost all its members so they're just a brand at this point b)flogging molly had intense global popularity, so they get to play so much variety when it comes to large venues, large festivals, and small house venue shows as well..lots of luxury...enjoyable, and they release an albuim every 3 years so its fresh. c)bouncing souls sound like they actually enjoy making their new albums, anad their fanbase is extremely loyal AND i dont think the souls have neccesarily peaked yet..they can still achieve a few things.
08:11 AM on 06/13/12
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
The Chris #2 interview was so disheartening. The Bright Lights of America was a brilliant step forward for the band. It's sad to read they only made it that way because they felt they had to.
11:25 PM on 06/14/12
bakin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Chris #2 interview was so disheartening. The Bright Lights of America was a brilliant step forward for the band. It's sad to read they only made it that way because they felt they had to.

I loved that album so much. When it came out, I remember hearing someone complain that they tried to make it too "epic". I thought it was really sad. At the time nobody knew what #2 was saying in this interview (except for them), but to see them grow tremendously and have people dislike it because it's.....good? Didn't like that one bit :(
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests