Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42.
08:02 AM on 06/13/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Love the intro of the title track. Such a good variation in sound for them. Definitely pulled it off.
08:12 AM on 06/13/12
stayincontrol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
swellers bluegrass album, please.
09:01 AM on 06/13/12
reachforthesun
'take me to where the kids drink'
User Info.
09:02 AM on 06/13/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
what the hell? I had no idea at all this was coming out / existed.

EDIT: oh, it's just a 7".
09:06 AM on 06/13/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Love this 7" VCB is so awesome. It's long but so good

I loved GFM but I think they're new stuff will probably be more like this 7" either way I'm excited
09:07 AM on 06/13/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I really hope that their next record is a lot more moody and dark like these songs.... it suits them so well. Awesome review.
09:10 AM on 06/13/12
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Getting off FBR tends to do wonders for a band's sound. Wish them luck.

Good review of the 7-inch.

Just one thing: Weren't these songs leftover from the sessions from the last album, though? I'm not so sure this is an indication of a direction that they're headed into or a sign of things to come. It could be, I guess, but my understanding is that this is just a release of some leftovers that didn't quite fit in with the last record (which would make sense).

These songs were recorded in the same studio session as Good For Me. I absolutely love both of these songs but we all agreed they couldn't find their place on the record. Still love everything about the record and the b-sides.
09:15 AM on 06/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
These songs were recorded in the same studio session as Good For Me. I absolutely love both of these songs but we all agreed they couldn't find their place on the record. Still love everything about the record and the b-sides.
Love the 7" and the last album. Better Things, Runaway, and The Best I Ever Had were so good. They had never really connected with me until Good For Me and now I enjoy all their stuff. I hope they just keep writing good music. People should give Good For Me more of a chance as its more rock feel to it makes for great melodic punk rock.
11:03 AM on 06/13/12
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
Love both of these songs tons. Honestly, couldn't ask for more. 10/10 for me!
01:26 PM on 06/13/12
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
Ups was great, Good for Me was great, Vehicle City Blues is fantastic.

/thread
01:42 PM on 06/13/12
_veges_
User Info.
I enjoy these new songs. I still love Good For Me, I think that record is so underrated
02:06 PM on 06/13/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
This just cements my feeling that I'm definitely in the minority for thinking that Good For Me is the Swellers' only front-to-back great release. Their other two full-lengths are solid enough, but they never stuck out to me until Good For Me.
I agree. I've followed them since just before Ups and Downsizing came out, but no album grabbed me besides a handful of damn good tracks. Good For Me is awesome front-to-back, and these two tracks cement that great things were going down during the Good For Me sessions.
03:16 PM on 06/13/12
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
I honestly don't see as much value in Good for Me as so many people in ap.net do. I find two songs great (the best i ever had / nothing more to me), and the rest only ok. a good listen overall, but forgettable nonetheless.

which makes me prefer their faster songs and, therefore, agree with this review. so well done Thomas!!
06:12 PM on 06/13/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I honestly don't see as much value in Good for Me as so many people in ap.net do. I find two songs great (the best i ever had / nothing more to me), and the rest only ok. a good listen overall, but forgettable nonetheless.

which makes me prefer their faster songs and, therefore, agree with this review. so well done Thomas!!
Agreed about the songs from Good For Me, Inside my head also has that same pace and spirit that I wish the whole record could of had. My Everest the song and record is the best stuff the bands ever done and to the guy saying we shouldn't wish for part 2 well... I do.
07:09 PM on 06/13/12
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
what's the tracklist for this? i have no idea what this is.

and Thomas, I'm not sure if it's possible, but is there a way a youtube link can be posted without the video itself - just the player? If so I think that might look cleaner with the review.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests