Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 42 of 42
08:19 PM on 06/13/12
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
what's the tracklist for this? i have no idea what this is.

and Thomas, I'm not sure if it's possible, but is there a way a youtube link can be posted without the video itself - just the player? If so I think that might look cleaner with the review.
1. Vehicle City Blues
2. Red Lights
09:41 PM on 06/13/12
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Is it just me, or does Vehicle City Blues (the song) sound very Propagandhi-ish? BTW love this 7"
Yep a bunch of us made that connection when it debuted, haha.
06:48 PM on 06/14/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Best I Ever Had is such a classic.
10:32 AM on 06/16/12
adamxdasilva
User Info.
I like these two songs way more than anything on Good For Me.
10:37 AM on 06/16/12
adamxdasilva
User Info.
I don't think it's how the band "should" sound. They "should" sound however they want. And people keep talking about how FBR changed their sound, yet everyone seems to forget that "Good For Me" is exactly what the Swellers wanted to write. They are so proud of that album, and every time I see someone say it's not that great, or they were somehow coerced into that sound, I want to toss my computer out a window. Especially since theses songs were written at the same time as "Good For Me", and are therefore a PART of that sound.

People grow up. They get tired of writing 10-12 double-time bro jams. Mixing them in is great, but I don't think you're going to see "My Everest Part 2" out of these guys, and that's GOOD. I will never understand the constant desire for bands to rehash their past. The Swellers are great guys, and they write great music. I really don't see what there is to complain about with an evolving sound.

Are you trying to say that My Everest only consisted of "double time bro jams"? Well, that's just untrue.
11:01 AM on 06/16/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
never heard good for me... although when i saw them live recently their set was mostly material from ups and downsizing. either way, great band, picking this up soon!
Good For Me is a great album. It easily matches Ups and Downsizing in my opinion
03:28 PM on 06/16/12
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
I really don't see that much of a change from Ups And Downsizing to Good For Me. Yeah it's a little different but to me it's still very much a pop-punk record. I love it just as much as UAD.

That being said the title track on this 7" is probably the best sing they've ever written. I don't think the intro is too long at all. In fact I think the intro makes the song.
11:25 PM on 06/16/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Are you trying to say that My Everest only consisted of "double time bro jams"? Well, that's just untrue.
Not at all-- "Rain Check" could easily fit onto Good For Me, but everyone seems to think that Everest is some be-all-end-all that they should rewrite over and over because it was the most punk or whatever, and it's literally the stupidest opinion anyone could have.
08:54 PM on 06/17/12
adamxdasilva
User Info.
Not at all-- "Rain Check" could easily fit onto Good For Me, but everyone seems to think that Everest is some be-all-end-all that they should rewrite over and over because it was the most punk or whatever, and it's literally the stupidest opinion anyone could have.

None of them are "bro jams" hahaha.
You're making My Everest out to be some sort of immature effort by The Swellers and that's not true. It's still, in my opinion, the best thing they have ever done.

Edit: Good for Me is still a good record, but for different reasons. I'd rather see another My Everest than another Good For Me, you know?
01:07 AM on 06/18/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Good For Me is fucking awesome, get outta here.
03:22 PM on 06/19/12
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
It seems like FBR was trying to change their sound. During their set at Bledfest last month, Nick went on a rant about how they were dropping the label because they don't want to be told what to do (with many f-bombs included). Nonetheless, love these songs.
03:37 PM on 06/20/12
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
User Info.
I don't understand that people don't like Good For Me the way I do, dammit, on par with Ups & Downsizing there for me, it's just a bit different. This EP is great as well. Nope, this band can do no wrong for me, absolutely not.
Agree with this. I thought Good For Me was just as good as Ups And Downsizing. Sound changed a little, but there's nothing wrong with a band changing, especially if it's a band as talented as The Swellers.

Getting this release soon as.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version