Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45.
10:12 AM on 06/13/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's probably right. The 9.3 million is just in the US.
yeah, he's right, i was in US mode and just didn't register the "worldwide" part haha. i'm an idiot when i try to multitask too much.
10:12 AM on 06/13/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17586409

Worldwide Album sales of over 20 million, of which almost half have been in the US...
see above!
10:19 AM on 06/13/12
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
21 has to be one of the best selling albums since the 90's.
10:29 AM on 06/13/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No more
10:33 AM on 06/13/12
The Minn
User Info.
Adele is just totally unstoppable! Moving back to number one with an album that has been out for this long has to be some sort of record.
No shit. it has been in the top 10 since release (last February?). I cannot remember a time in my life and album has sold like this. Doesn't everyone have this album??
10:37 AM on 06/13/12
The Minn
User Info.
I know that Linkin Park went diamond with Hybrid Theory, but not sure if Usher did.
With Usher (i looked it up...day off today nothing to do) They rounded it. it was 9.8 million. Technically, Norah Jones did it last.
10:45 AM on 06/13/12
socratic07
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No hit single, past their prime, dull Grammy performance. No real reason for people to buy it.
That just makes me sad, I thought they'd be selling more. I personally really enjoy the new album. It's a solid Beach Boys record in my opinion; especially after the long hiatus. And how was that a dull performance? They're in their late 60's/early 70's, what do you expect? They sound way better live than half of the pop acts out today. I would watch that over a hundred times before watching that atrocious Nicki Minaj Grammy performance.
10:47 AM on 06/13/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Good for everyone mentioned!
10:51 AM on 06/13/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
That just makes me sad, I thought they'd be selling more. I personally really enjoy the new album. It's a solid Beach Boys record in my opinion; especially after the long hiatus. And how was that a dull performance? They're in their late 60's/early 70's, what do you expect? They sound way better live than half of the pop acts out today. I would watch that over a hundred times before watching that atrocious Nicki Minaj Grammy performance.
Just because they're old doesn't make the grading curve for their performance any better. Bob Dylan performed really bad the year before. It happens. They just didn't really sound that good. And they've been gone forever, therefore needing more publicity that they didn't get.

I don't necessarily feel bad. Their summer tour is doing fine and they have a great catalog of songs.
11:26 AM on 06/13/12
TheDillon
twitter.com/thedillon
User Info.
Fun. has to be near gold, no?
They just passed 300k this week!
02:43 PM on 06/13/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
68 weeks in the top 10. Crazy!
04:47 PM on 06/13/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
grats to Fun. hope they reach gold before too long
08:43 PM on 06/13/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
Holy shit Adele
10:37 PM on 06/13/12
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
Really stupid question- but how does one become "gold" or "platinum", etc? What's the number of copies needed? And does online count at all? (my guess is no)

By "stupid" I mean lazy. I'm gonna Google it right now.

Mostly asking because I am hoping Some Nights gets at least to gold. What's it at so far for copies? About 300k?
09:10 AM on 06/14/12
knorr45
Jokes on you... we got paid anyway
User Info.
Really stupid question- but how does one become "gold" or "platinum", etc? What's the number of copies needed? And does online count at all? (my guess is no)

By "stupid" I mean lazy. I'm gonna Google it right now.

Mostly asking because I am hoping Some Nights gets at least to gold. What's it at so far for copies? About 300k?
500k for gold
1 million for platinum
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News