We actually suck at picking band names and we were struggling for months to come up with something. One day, we saw a copy of Stephen Hawking's "The Grand Design" on a table, and that was it.
2. How did this band get started?
All of us come from a bunch of different bands. When our old bands weren't ready to get serious, we knew it was time to regroup and make some music together. The band started off jamming in a basement, and those jams turned into some of the best songs of our lives.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Police, Radiohead, Chick Corea's Elektric Band, The Reign of Kindo, Pink Floyd, Genesis, even some metal and progressive rock. It's all in there, if you listen.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Pink Floyd, because David Gilmour is a genius. MuteMath, because they are so incredibly unique. Mew., because we love Denmark.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Sushi. It's healthy and delicious. Gotta stay healthy on tour.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We love what we do, which is why you should start a band in the first place. Our whole band was started out of love for music, and friendship. We try to bring a new flavor to everything we write, and we push ourselves to our limit and beyond with every new song.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Chad Ocho Cinco. Why? Because we literally already have a guy in the band named Chad Johnson. How awesome would that be?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We would eliminate the concept of battle of the bands. They suck. Even when you win, you lose.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We opened up for Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine once. We had a friend with us who was completely star struck. He had an opportunity to meet Tom and all he could say was: "Wow...you're Tom Morello?"
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP = youth in a website. We have so many memories of AP.net that it's hard to sum it up in one sentence.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"You're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat." - The first track off our first EP.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
New England, by the sea, in July.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Brand New's Deja Entendu.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power of flight. Gas is too f*****g expensive today.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
One glass of whiskey, on the rocks, and a band huddle just before we go onstage.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're actually all pretty shy in public.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We are lucky enough to have one of the country's most amazing alternative radio stations, 102.7 WEQX, practically in our backyard. I think there is still a place for our band on radio. Honestly, they have given the majority of the bands from upstate NY a big break.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We love cooking, eating, home brewing, and traveling.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Chad can run faster than the speed of sound (seriously). Derek makes a mean chocolate chip cookie. Dave is a master home-brewer. Mike is great at making prank phone calls.