AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Wonder Years Announce "A Year As A Ghost" Book,...

Posted by - 11:01 AM on 06/14/12
Happy first birthday, Suburbia I've Given You All And Now I'm Nothing. The Wonder Years' big announcement that they've been teasing is a 200-page, 9" X 8" book called A Year As A Ghost that includes tour photos, scans of lyric sheets, handwritten tour stories and other artifacts. In addition, Suburbia is getting reissued, and all orders of the book come with a digital copy of the reissue, which includes 11 rare recordings such as basement demos and B-sides. Dan Campbell has posted a statement about the book in the replies.
From Dan CampbellI honestly don't think we've ever put out anything cooler than this. I legit can't wait to hold one. Mitch took so many amazing photos. The layout is thoughtful and dynamic. This is the closest thing to being on tour with the band. It's comprehensive and personal. I honestly can't imagine people being anything less than stoked upon receiving their copy. The audio is cool too. The demos aren't like a thing to hang out and listen too. It's more of a behind the curtain look at songs coming together.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 91
11:02 AM on 06/14/12
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
wow that's pretty sick
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
Pretty cool. Digging the shirt.
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Vito called it.
11:03 AM on 06/14/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Would buy.
11:03 AM on 06/14/12
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
This is pretty awesome.
11:04 AM on 06/14/12
YoShitsGoinDown
User Info.
Pretty neat, wish there was an option for it to come with a limited edition vinyl or something though.
11:04 AM on 06/14/12
Soupy
User Info.
Hopeless Records and The Wonder Years are excited to announce the upcoming release of*A Year As a Ghost, a 200-page, soft-cover, full-color, matte-finished intimate look at life on the road and at home with The Wonder Years that includes *includes a download card for the bands successful 2011 release “Suburbia I’ve Given You All And Now I’m Nothing” plus 11 rare recordings including basement demos and b-sides. The year or so *during which The Wonder Years created and toured in support of Suburbia I've Given You Alll and Now I'm Nothing was the most eventful of the band's career thus far and photographer Mitchell Wojcik was there, camera in hand, every step of the way. Mitchell moved to The Wonder Years hometown and sat alongside them in the van during every tour in order to capture the moments previously only experienced by members of the band. Inside the book you'll find original lyric book scans, hand-written tour stories, scans of artifacts and upwards of 500 photos taken on formats ranging from 35 mm to cell phone camera pictures. An immense amount of time, energy and love was spent making this book more than just photos thrown onto pages; this is a story told through mixed mediums of a band putting their whole hearts into playing the music they believe in all over the world.*

The audio portion of the collection includes the 13 tracks originally released on Suburbia plus three b-sides, two studio acoustic versions, one nervous energies session version, four basement demos and a joke nu-metal song the band wrote to break writer's block.*

Mitchell took over 100,000 photos during his time with the band. Orders placed before June 30th will received an original print, unique to them, signed by everyone in the band.*
11:05 AM on 06/14/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Thomas, don't know if you got the notification on FB, but how limited are these?
11:06 AM on 06/14/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Hopeless Records and The Wonder Years are excited to announce the upcoming release of*A Year As a Ghost, a 200-page, soft-cover, full-color, matte-finished intimate look at life on the road and at home with The Wonder Years that includes *includes a download card for the bands successful 2011 release “Suburbia I’ve Given You All And Now I’m Nothing” plus 11 rare recordings including basement demos and b-sides. The year or so *during which The Wonder Years created and toured in support of Suburbia I've Given You Alll and Now I'm Nothing was the most eventful of the band's career thus far and photographer Mitchell Wojcik was there, camera in hand, every step of the way. Mitchell moved to The Wonder Years hometown and sat alongside them in the van during every tour in order to capture the moments previously only experienced by members of the band. Inside the book you'll find original lyric book scans, hand-written tour stories, scans of artifacts and upwards of 500 photos taken on formats ranging from 35 mm to cell phone camera pictures. An immense amount of time, energy and love was spent making this book more than just photos thrown onto pages; this is a story told through mixed mediums of a band putting their whole hearts into playing the music they believe in all over the world.*

The audio portion of the collection includes the 13 tracks originally released on Suburbia plus three b-sides, two studio acoustic versions, one nervous energies session version, four basement demos and a joke nu-metal song the band wrote to break writer's block.*

Mitchell took over 100,000 photos during his time with the band. Orders placed before June 30th will received an original print, unique to them, signed by everyone in the band.*

Dan, how limited are these?
11:07 AM on 06/14/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is so awesome
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Good lord he took 100,000 photos.
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
A picture of just my torso is in this book. Mitchell didn't think my face would be appropriate. I cannot wait to get this.
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Bought it! This is awesome

Edit: Shipping early Fall is lame! Want it now!
11:08 AM on 06/14/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Ordered. Very excited to hear the demos and have an HQ version of the Nervous Energies version of Don't Let Me Cave In.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos