Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57
02:31 PM on 06/14/12
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
"Obliviate" is solid. If they follow that song, they are definitely going in the right direction.
02:54 PM on 06/14/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They should sign DropDeadGorgeous. Those guys really need to get back to work.
03:24 PM on 06/14/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

Unfortunately, I don't think this generation would care. I saw them two years ago and they headlined. When they came on, no joke, only about 10 kids out of 200 stayed and watched. Im a big fan so I'd love to see them active again.
03:31 PM on 06/14/12
pj4353
Pj Pajamas
User Info.
That's Outrageous! is good for the genre, and if you don't like the genre then you won't like That's Outrageous! There's like a special niche of post hardcore/metalcore now with bands like Abandon All Ships, Woe Is Me, That's Outrageous, I See Stars. If you don't like this style you won't really like any of those bands, but people do clearly. I for one enjoy all these bands, they're a lot of fun to blast at the gym or in your car, and mosh to live. They're just fun bands who work on catchy chorus's and breakdowns, they're not trying to write an album like Balance and Composure's Separation. Which is a phenomenal album, but for different reasons. It really frustrates me when people come on to a bands page and just start hating on them, its fucking hard to make it out there as a band do you really have nothing better than to ruin someone else's dreams? Put the energy into commenting how much you like another band, don't waste it getting kicks trashing other bands. There's lots of bands out there that I don't like and don't understand why people like them, but I don't jump to post hate comments when there's news about them, I just ignore it, and go to band pages I like.
03:43 PM on 06/14/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
What I learned from this post: The owner of InVogue likes to believe he's covered a large spectrum of musical styles with his label.
03:44 PM on 06/14/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
You should know that you cannot run a record label simply on whom you like.

Much more goes into signing a band than that.
If the artists you like are shit, then yeah you'll probably want to sign some artists that are actually good, even if you don't like them.
03:45 PM on 06/14/12
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
its all opinion and we all have different tastes
True it is all opinion. since you said "I have great taste from all genres" I figured you might appreciate some of these bands. But there are always unsigned bands like these that might be more your taste

03:48 PM on 06/14/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Unfortunately, I don't think this generation would care. I saw them two years ago and they headlined. When they came on, no joke, only about 10 kids out of 200 stayed and watched. Im a big fan so I'd love to see them active again.
i wouldn't mind if they changed their music a bit as to not cater to the fickle 13-17 year olds.
04:32 PM on 06/14/12
BTE Nick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Who is producing this album? is it going to be Tom still, or are they going to like Mizell or Sturgis?
Keeping it with Tom - might have some mix/master help - we'll figure that out next month.... I was REALLY stoked on how the single turned out. I love the feel of it
04:32 PM on 06/14/12
BTE Nick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd love to :) haha
04:36 PM on 06/14/12
BTE Nick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What I learned from this post: The owner of InVogue likes to believe he's covered a large spectrum of musical styles with his label.
Well I'm not hitting every genre I love obviously. I mean i listen to a TON of country, but I won't be releasing that anytime soon. I'm sticking to what I know and what the people that follow my label want to hear. I'm lucky I scrape some different styles like Belle Histoire (indie/pop female fronted rock), City Lights (awesome pop punk), the style this thread is about and my own band (screamo). I love pretty much ALL music minus a couple genres. I do think that my label is pretty diverse and i'm also smart enough to know there is A LOT more out there, its just not my place to put it out right now
04:36 PM on 06/14/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
then get on that! imagine the hype if you get Aaron Rothe to return...I don't know if it'll be hype, but it might
04:44 PM on 06/14/12
BTE Nick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
then get on that! imagine the hype if you get Aaron Rothe to return...I don't know if it'll be hype, but it might
that band will always hold a special place in my heart, first band to ever take my band on tour back in 2007
04:49 PM on 06/14/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
True it is all opinion. since you said "I have great taste from all genres" I figured you might appreciate some of these bands. But there are always unsigned bands like these that might be more your taste

Common Crooks was 1000 times better as "In Oceans" IMO. Theyre much more radio friendly now and have largely ditched the more experimental song structures.
04:53 PM on 06/14/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
I think this song was a step in the right direction for them, not groundbreaking by any means, but it's pretty as far as the genre goes. The chorus is catchy and the end breakdown is heavy as all hell. I hope they didn't have member changes again, that'd be really unfortunate.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos