Password

07:44 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
elaborate a bit more on your discernment between the two please

Look at it this way...with all of the state and federal social programs out there, there is no reason why a child shouldn't get 3 meals a day, a check up once a year, medicine when they are sick, and some form of education. There is no reason why these kids shouldn't have a shot.

But it takes the parent, the adult, to have the fortitude to take care of their kid. They have to "give a fuck" so to speak. The social programs should be there to financially provide for the kid so the parent can get on track to bring the family to independency (is that a word?). A kid can get all the books, pencils, and calculators from the public school system but it takes the parent to get them to study. The taxpayers can pay for all of the groceries anyone needs but it takes the parent to make the choice between carrots or Oreos.

The point of the social programs should be that they are temporary, but almost half of welfare recipients receive assistance for 5 years.

See what I mean? If a parent is unable to do those things, they shouldn't be a parent. No amount of money from the taxpayers is going to do shit for that kid unless they have good parents. The parents that are on assistance and keep having kids...come on?!?!

So let's make a deal as a society, we are going to help you kids out because they don't deserve to be thrown to the side, and at the same time acknowledge that the parent(s) need to start being more responsible and not fuck up, or have more kids while they already asking society to pitch in for the first one.

I feel bad for the kids mostly, not the parents. They are the adults, they are supposed to be the responsible ones.
08:27 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
Sit on Santa's lap
Connecticut
Male
Look at it this way...with all of the state and federal social programs out there, there is no reason why a child shouldn't get 3 meals a day, a check up once a year, medicine when they are sick, and some form of education. There is no reason why these kids shouldn't have a shot.

But it takes the parent, the adult, to have the fortitude to take care of their kid. They have to "give a fuck" so to speak. The social programs should be there to financially provide for the kid so the parent can get on track to bring the family to independency (is that a word?). A kid can get all the books, pencils, and calculators from the public school system but it takes the parent to get them to study. The taxpayers can pay for all of the groceries anyone needs but it takes the parent to make the choice between carrots or Oreos.

The point of the social programs should be that they are temporary, but almost half of welfare recipients receive assistance for 5 years.

See what I mean? If a parent is unable to do those things, they shouldn't be a parent. No amount of money from the taxpayers is going to do shit for that kid unless they have good parents. The parents that are on assistance and keep having kids...come on?!?!

So let's make a deal as a society, we are going to help you kids out because they don't deserve to be thrown to the side, and at the same time acknowledge that the parent(s) need to start being more responsible and not fuck up, or have more kids while they already asking society to pitch in for the first one.

I feel bad for the kids mostly, not the parents. They are the adults, they are supposed to be the responsible ones.

At least a fellow Georgian doesn't rely on welfare to raise her child when a cable network is paying them a goat load of money for their hard work because of all of the ad revenue/public awareness they bring in.

08:30 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
At least a fellow Georgian doesn't rely on welfare to raise her child when a cable network is paying them a goat load of money for their hard work because of all of the ad revenue/public awareness they bring in.

This is a perfect example, now they have money right? Still a shitty parent.
08:32 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
Sit on Santa's lap
Connecticut
Male
This is a perfect example, now they have money right? Still a shitty parent.

Yes, they have money. They earned it.
05:20 AM on 09/18/12 
User Info.
Cereal_Killer
Lucky 7s
Nu Yawk Shitty
Male
The parents that are on assistance and keep having kids...come on?!?!

i said welfare queen stereotype aside.

anyway, i don't think income is a reliable indicator of how good or bad a parent someone is. furthermore, children who grow up in wealthy households are more likely than anybody to have a entitlement mindset than ones who grew up around the poverty line.
07:34 AM on 09/18/12 
User Info.
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
Toronto
Male - 26 Years Old

at 50 seconds I literally thought the girl was having a seizure. There's got to be a gif for that.
12:50 PM on 09/18/12 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
at 50 seconds I literally thought the girl was having a seizure. There's got to be a gif for that.

preeeety sure this is the same girl
06:55 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Filling in my write in ballot right now. Voted for Johnson.
08:01 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Write in? I thought he was on the ballot in all 50 states?
08:03 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old

Early voting. He is on the ballot. He'd have to write anyone in though.
08:04 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Oh, I never understood how early balloting worked. Who qualifies for that?
08:09 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
by "write in" i mean my early paper ballot i got in the mail. He's 4th on the ballot behind Thomas Robert Stevens of the Objectivist's Party.
03:32 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
Everett, Washington
Male - 22 Years Old
my vote
11:23 PM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
West Mitten
Male - 25 Years Old
Actually he's not on the Ballot in Michigan. We have some stupid law that doesn't allow candidates to run for a party's nomination if they ran for a different party during the primary.
12:16 AM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
a nice person
Copeland fan level: Lotus bundle
SoCal
Male - 25 Years Old
Gary will be on Red Eye at 3 am EST, 12 am PST. I'm interested to hear what he has to say about yesterday's debate.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos