AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 65 of 65.
04:04 AM on 06/19/12
shortymcsteve
User Info.
You were seriously disappointed by it? I've been consistently happier and happier with each of their new releases. Starting with Take off Your Pants, I feel as I grew up their sound kind of grew up with me. I absolutely had a blast with Neighborhoods, and saying 'if it wasnt blink nobody would listen to it' is pretty much a crappy argument lol. It was made by Blink, people did give it the time of day, and we don't live in a world that allows 'what ifs' or alternate realities. Sorry bud.

I think the album is a total step in the wrong direction, it's not a more mature sound, it sounds like it's been thrown together and the production is really not that great. Listen to self titled and Neighborhoods back to back and there is just a HUGE difference in quality as far as song writing, production and 'maturity' goes. In 2003 they definitely experimented in the right way.
I think a lot of people could see what was happening with Neighborhoods a mile off, especailly when After Midnight came out. It's just AVA & +44 put together. They need Blink! People would argue that's what you get when you put both bands together but i just think the band has to get fully used to each other again and record the album right, no 2 studios business, no mark recording guitars (even tho i think he kept things more grounded by doing so), no self produced effort. You could tell they were really missing the direction of Jerry Finn.

& the 'if it wasn't blink no body would listen to it' isn't really a crappy argument, You could find people not really familiar with the band but who have a decent musical knowledge and give them a few of their albums including Neighborhoods and see what they say.
I really do think the Blink name backed the record too much on it's own instead of the music, which is lucky for the band i guess.
Anyway, if you like the record that's great! Im glad you enjoy it.
07:53 AM on 06/19/12
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where is 6:37?
10:51 AM on 06/19/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
I agree with most of this.

Although I agree with them "being in the same room together" when they write yields better results, i'm sick of every "expert" declaring that should be the only way they operate. They will create records their own fucking way!

Funnily enough, "Love Is Dangerous", "Fighting The Gravity" and "Love Is Dangerous", IMO, are the weakest songs on Neighborhoods. I know alot of people will disagree with me, but I think "Heart's All Gone" and "Snake Charmer" are only marginally better. I can't put my finger on it, despite really liking the song, but "Kaleidoscope" just feels slapped together.

However, "Natives", "Up All Night", "After Midnight" (arguably the best song on the record), "Wishing Well", "This Is Home" and "MH 4.18.2011" stand up to any of their previous work.

yesssss, it seems like everyone always forget about this song. i wish they would play it...
05:54 PM on 06/20/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
I want to see them live so badly, but I can't really complain about new music. As long as it's released in a timely fashion.
02:28 PM on 06/21/12
cloudmip
Well I can barely smileeeee....
User Info.
I cannot wait for a new album. It will be great
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives