AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warner Brothers News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Maine Want To Be Off Warner

Posted by - 08:24 AM on 06/19/12
It looks like The Maine are no longer interested in being on Warner Bros. They released Pioneer independently.
From the InterviewIts really out of our control at this point. Wed like to not be there, but we cant make that final decision. They know how we feel and we will try to get it worked out in the next couple of months but its way beyond our control at this point.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
08:28 AM on 06/19/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I think everyone saw this coming...
08:40 AM on 06/19/12
enter return
User Info.
Its always a bummer when the dream of so many bands is a nightmare for a few.
09:01 AM on 06/19/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not to plug my own interview...because I honestly never do this kind of stuff but here's a nice quote from it:

Quote:
You released Pioneer on your own label, Action Theory Records. What was the situation with WBR and what brought you to self-release the new record?

Essentially it all boiled down to being on different levels creatively. We see and saw our music heading in a completely different direction than WBR and knew they only know how to make records one certain way: tons of cash, co-writers, and big name producers.
09:04 AM on 06/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Why don't they just quit the label?
09:05 AM on 06/19/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
hahahahaha
09:15 AM on 06/19/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Not to plug my own interview...because I honestly never do this kind of stuff but here's a nice quote from it:
Thanks Gunz. Just kidding. That is a good quote
09:21 AM on 06/19/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:41 AM on 06/19/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
I doubt they can succeed without a label. For full creative control their best bet would be to create an imprint on a major label like Mayday Parade. Hey maybe Mayday could sign them. That could start a power label.
09:50 AM on 06/19/12
ChaseTx
How were they contractually able to release an independent album when they were still signed to WB?
09:56 AM on 06/19/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love how only the Reds are laughing at that apparent joke.

Anyway, I'm sure WB doesn't care if they leave, they aren't really bringing in any money.
09:57 AM on 06/19/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I definitely have gained a lot of respect for this band ever since the Pioneer process. I wonder how the old fans feel about their direction. Also, does this band pretty much no longer play an early cuts live? I get the sense they play Black and White and Pioneer stuff. I wish these guys the best. I hope the two sides can work a mutual agreement, but labels always seem hesitant to do it. I am glad Interscope did that for ATL.
10:00 AM on 06/19/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
How were they contractually able to release an independent album when they were still signed to WB?
They wrote this album and the label did not see it working for them. I guess the band pressed the label and they worked an agreement out that they could self-release Pioneer, but that their rights were still under contract with WB for future releases. Basically, WB allowed them to do this one solo.
10:34 AM on 06/19/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I doubt they can succeed without a label. For full creative control their best bet would be to create an imprint on a major label like Mayday Parade. Hey maybe Mayday could sign them. That could start a power label.

A label with both of them would be amazing. With the two bands probably touring together this fall that chance may increase slightly.
10:43 AM on 06/19/12
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
have pretty much lost interest in this band. pioneer is so boring.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos