AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:49 AM on 06/27/12 
User Info.
lthilsdorf
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
Pretty sure RBF is playing for at least an hour. Probably just hasn't been any sets posted yet because they have generally recycled the same set for the past decade.

This. RBF played for quite a while, but it was generally the same set as everyone and their mother has heard before. Down to doing the brief cover of "Enter Sandman".
09:20 PM on 06/29/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
it was great...goldfinger were amazing, they've always been the most tight band live. John is still a fuckin pop-punk beast.

SOOOOOOOOO HOTTTTT tonight and muggy and cramped...and i hated the crowd tonight. They were rowdy and dancing, but someone needs to teach these kids proper moshing etiquette. I hate when there's a long slow break down of a song (usually because the singer wants to talk) and people are still hopping and slamming against each other... THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO RELAX, clap your hands, do mini-dancing if you want...but take a breather.

secondly, dont just start the pit whenever you want...its WAYYYYYYYYY more effective if you know when the song "kicks it into gear" to do it.

i wanna make a youtube video about this, but it'd get slammed so hard haha
06:31 AM on 06/30/12 
User Info.
Pepsichug
Holland, PA
Male - 33 Years Old
Starland Ballroom - 6/29/12

Great show, but that venue was INSANELY hot and humid. I can't imagine there was one bit of air conditioning going on in there. I was soaked in sweat, and I was just standing by the bar the whole show, I can't imagine how the pit felt mid show. Really great to see Goldfinger again, they barely ever come around the east coast and this was the first time I've seen them since 2003! Totally forgot how much they own the whole room during their sets....hopefully they will do a headlining tour soon.

Goldfingers Setlist
:
1.Spokesman
2.Counting The Days
3.Get Up
4.San Simeon
5.Here In Your Bedroom
6.Happy Birthday (to lead singer John Feldman, complete with dancing girl brought up by Feldman's wife)
7.Mabel
8.Fuck Ted Nugent
9.Open Your Eyes
10.Miles Away
11.Superman
12.99 Red Balloons

Reel Big Fish was entertaining as usual, but it took a little time to get the crowd back in to it after Goldfinger worked the crowd so far. As people noted, it was mostly the usual songs from them, and I would love them to pull out some different stuff from time to time (Would it KILL them to play All I Want Is More!??!?!), but other than that fun set. Beer still KILLS the crowd live.

Reel Big Fish Setlist:
1.The Kids Don't Like It ------->
2.In The Pit
3.Another F.U. Song
4.Everything Sucks
5.I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend Too
6.Snoop Dogg
7.Good Thing
8.The Promise (When In Rome Cover)
9.Trendy
10.Ban The Tube Top
11.Brown Eyed Girl
12.Don't Stop Skankin'
13.Enter Sandman (Tease)
14.The Set-Up
15.Your Guts (I Hate Em')
16.Where Have You Been
17.S.R.
18.Beer
----------------------------------
19.Sell Out
20.Take On Me
04:46 PM on 07/01/12 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
Starland Ballroom - 6/29/12

Great show, but that venue was INSANELY hot and humid. I can't imagine there was one bit of air conditioning going on in there. I was soaked in sweat, and I was just standing by the bar the whole show, I can't imagine how the pit felt mid show. Really great to see Goldfinger again, they barely ever come around the east coast and this was the first time I've seen them since 2003! Totally forgot how much they own the whole room during their sets....hopefully they will do a headlining tour soon.

Goldfingers Setlist:
1.Spokesman
2.Counting The Days
3.Get Up
4.San Simeon
5.Here In Your Bedroom
6.Happy Birthday (to lead singer John Feldman, complete with dancing girl brought up by Feldman's wife)
7.Mabel
8.Fuck Ted Nugent
9.Open Your Eyes
10.Miles Away
11.Superman
12.99 Red Balloons

Reel Big Fish was entertaining as usual, but it took a little time to get the crowd back in to it after Goldfinger worked the crowd so far. As people noted, it was mostly the usual songs from them, and I would love them to pull out some different stuff from time to time (Would it KILL them to play All I Want Is More!??!?!), but other than that fun set. Beer still KILLS the crowd live.

Reel Big Fish Setlist:
1.The Kids Don't Like It ------->
2.In The Pit
3.Another F.U. Song
4.Everything Sucks
5.I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend Too
6.Snoop Dogg
7.Good Thing
8.The Promise (When In Rome Cover)
9.Trendy
10.Ban The Tube Top
11.Brown Eyed Girl
12.Don't Stop Skankin'
13.Enter Sandman (Tease)
14.The Set-Up
15.Your Guts (I Hate Em')
16.Where Have You Been
17.S.R.
18.Beer
----------------------------------
19.Sell Out
20.Take On Me

it was UNBEARABLE the heat. I felt like i was going to pass out multiple times throughout the night. I loved hearing miles away though. And yes, i wish RBF would change it up just a tiny bit....even like....play Beer first or something
10:44 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
bayside319
Wellington/Tampa, FL
Male
Went to both Florida dates and it was the exact same RBF setlist. The kids don't like it was kind of a weak opener but otherwise it was a great show! They we're much more into it in Orlando though
07:34 AM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
ecpresto
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah Orlando was awesome. Really glad I decided to go. Big D setlist was similar iirc, subbed Raw Revolution for Little Bitch.

Still miss Scott. RBF live is cool, just isn't the same.
09:44 AM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
ecpresto
Jacksonville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Oh, and RBF set was the same plus She Has a GF
09:40 AM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
ProjectSLC
Salt Lake City
Male - 27 Years Old
We actually met with both Big D and The Kids Table and the Suburban Legends to do interviews during this tour. I'll post links below

Big D and The Kids Table

Suburban Legends

Both bands were amazing to meet and very cool people.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets