Username
Password
Warped Tour News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warped Tour
Inside AP.net

Kevin Lyman Talks To PureVolume

Posted by: Jay Nainav (06/19/12)
Warped Tour wizard Kevin Lyman notes that, at 18, the tour is old enough to go to war, "and thatís what it feels like more and more each summer." Check out the complete interview at PureVolume.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
09:48 AM on 06/19/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That's a real good quote
09:54 AM on 06/19/12
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Crazy that he tosses money to kids with no way home. That's awesome. Gotta meet this guy when I get on the tour for a few days in July.
10:06 AM on 06/19/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
That's pretty crazy that, despite whatever people say about the band list, it's one of the longest-running festivals. It can't be easy to run it right now when rock music of that type is about the least popular music in the mainstream.
10:15 AM on 06/19/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
That's the dumbest quote I've ever heard
10:22 AM on 06/19/12
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
"Speaking of Warped’s longevity, what are your Top Five Warped Moments?
When the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit opened, it was cool to go to that. When we did our 15-year anniversary show for Music Cares, that was great. Doing shows at the Gorge is always fun. Touring Australia was a great time. Now we’re going back to London and we’re trying to go to South America in spring."

10:27 AM on 06/19/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
What a class act. Nothing but respect for Mr. Lyman.
11:11 AM on 06/19/12
kboe@bex.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's pretty crazy that, despite whatever people say about the band list, it's one of the longest-running festivals. It can't be easy to run it right now when rock music of that type is about the least popular music in the mainstream.
i'm sure it's a massive undertaking doing this every year. but there is a shit ton of teeny bopper bands anymore that take over the majority of the tour it's easy money.
01:24 PM on 06/19/12
bigmouthmonstr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Every year I always try and get the nerve to talk to him when he passes but I never do. He's amazing at what he does. I have so much respect for him.
05:45 PM on 06/19/12
Larsfan
User Info.
Every year I always try and get the nerve to talk to him when he passes but I never do. He's amazing at what he does. I have so much respect for him.
This so much. Last year i was standing near him during Sharks and Bad Rabbits and i was like come on you can do it! I couldn't.
05:55 PM on 06/19/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
I love that visiting The Gorge is in his top 5 favorite warped tour moments.

The Gorge is legit as fuck on a sunny. That means super legit, in case that' not clear. Plus it's in George, Washington. Who wouldn't like to be in George, Washington.
07:53 PM on 06/19/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Do it man. He's super nice. I first saw him a few years back. NOFX was playing during a thunder/lightning storm, and I heard someone talking into a walkie talkie near me telling them to get the band off the stage. I turned and it was Lyman. Even in the midst of trying to get a band off the stage for safety (which of course, knowing NOFX, they continued playing), he paused, took a pic, and thanked me for supporting the tour
08:07 PM on 06/19/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
I love that visiting The Gorge is in his top 5 favorite warped tour moments.

The Gorge is legit as fuck on a sunny. That means super legit, in case that' not clear. Plus it's in George, Washington. Who wouldn't like to be in George, Washington.
This year they're at Redmond, WA....not the Gorge, which is SUPER disappointing, since the view is breathtaking. I would've loved to see the Foo Fighters at Sasquatch a year or so ago.
10:39 PM on 06/19/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
This year they're at Redmond, WA....not the Gorge, which is SUPER disappointing, since the view is breathtaking. I would've loved to see the Foo Fighters at Sasquatch a year or so ago.

I saw that. The Gorge is losing a LOT of big annual shows and if acts lately.
06:45 AM on 06/20/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
That's the dumbest quote I've ever heard

This.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates