Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 84
11:44 AM on 06/19/12
nin011
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Being a long time fan of this band I was worried when I heard the still rather bland title track and the ridiculous "Cruising California" as the first two releases from the album. But those two tracks are by far some of the weakest on the album. Really there was only three to four songs I didn't care for when listening for the first time. The vast majority I really enjoyed on first listen. There's definitely some old school sounding tracks on there especially the last two songs. I say overall it might be better than their last few releases. I look forward to picking this one up and adding "Days Go By" to my Offspring collection next Tuesday. Well done guys!
12:00 PM on 06/19/12
Blink-O
User Info.
a terrible live-band (by that i mean: no entertainment-qualities whatsoever)... but damn, they have some great songs. even on this record. good stuff.

btw: "days go by" is probably one of the worst tracks on there... why is this a single?!
12:07 PM on 06/19/12
s2h72
User Info.
the last 2 songs on it are the best
12:08 PM on 06/19/12
jmac3444
User Info.
Why are the two singles the worst songs on the album? This album would be great without those couple of tracks. Still surprisingly good
12:22 PM on 06/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
I'm glad people like it minus the two singles. ATL's Dirty Work was similar in that it had a few lackluster songs but people trash the entire album...
12:41 PM on 06/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm glad people like it minus the two singles. ATL's Dirty Work was similar in that it had a few lackluster songs but people trash the entire album...
Both suck.
12:49 PM on 06/19/12
nin011
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why are the two singles the worst songs on the album? This album would be great without those couple of tracks. Still surprisingly good
It's been a trend with them since Americana. "Pretty Fly" and "Why Don't You Get A Job" were two tongue and cheek songs that they released and they ended blowing up as huge hits. But the rest of that album didn't sound anything like those two songs. They have continued that formula ever since. I guess in an attempt to get another huge pop radio hit. It's sad because by releasing songs like that they tend to give people the wrong idea or impression of the band and what the album is going to sound like as a whole. The good thing about it is they have always kept their aggressive punk side too and the good seems to always outweigh the bad and I'm happy to say that's definitely the case once again with this album.
12:52 PM on 06/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
Both entire albums suck? Your standards must be through the roof dude, it's pop music. Both records are solid, with the exception of a few songs.
12:53 PM on 06/19/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
I'm pretty excited to listen to this when I get home. Will always love this band.
12:55 PM on 06/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
It's been a trend with them since Americana. "Pretty Fly" and "Why Don't You Get A Job" were two tongue and cheek songs that they released and they ended blowing up as huge hits. But the rest of that album didn't sound anything like those two songs. They have continued that formula ever since. I guess in an attempt to get another huge pop radio hit. It's sad because by releasing songs like that they tend to give people the wrong idea or impression of the band and what the album is going to sound like as a whole. The good thing about it is they have always kept their aggressive punk side too and the good seems to always outweigh the bad and I'm happy to say that's definitely the case once again with this album.
Or they know that tons of people listen to their band because of "Pretty Fly" and "Why Don't You Get a Job" and they want to make everyone happy so they include goofy pop songs on all their albums.

Or maybe they themselves just like goofy pop songs...
12:59 PM on 06/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Both entire albums suck? Your standards must be through the roof dude, it's pop music. Both records are solid, with the exception of a few songs.

No. No they're not.
01:15 PM on 06/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
Do You Want Me Dead
Forget About It
Guts
Time Bomb
Under a Paper Moon
Daydream Away
That Girl
Heroes
Get Down On Your Knees...
Merry Christmas...

Those song aren't solid?

'Solid' is somewhere between 6 and 9 on a scale of 1-10. You're telling me those songs aren't a 6?
01:19 PM on 06/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Do You Want Me Dead
Forget About It
Guts
Time Bomb
Under a Paper Moon
Daydream Away
That Girl
Heroes
Get Down On Your Knees...
Merry Christmas...

Those song aren't solid?

'Solid' is somewhere between 6 and 9 on a scale of 1-10. You're telling me those songs aren't a 6?
Those songs aren't a 4. They're unlistenable.
01:23 PM on 06/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
Those songs aren't a 4. They're unlistenable.
Whoa I think we gotta agree to disagree

<4? Harsh.
01:25 PM on 06/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Whoa I think we gotta agree to disagree

<4? Harsh.
Pretty universally dispised album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives