|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
It was just a name we thought was cool, no special political or otherwise meaning behind it.
2. How did this band get started?
By the singer and drummer, we all just wanted to start a band where we wouldn't have to worry about fitting into a scene or genre and just play music.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Murder By Death, The Appleseed Cast, Ryan Adams, Minus the Bear
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
5. Best food to eat on tour?
The local food, that is one of the best parts about tour. BBQ in the carolinas, Texas and the South. Pizza in Chicago and NYC, etc.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We think we've put something new out there, and that alone is worth hearing
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Make it more of a community, although it is slowly becoming more that way.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We did our first tour in a 1971 yellow school bus stick shift that we got for $700. Every day in that thing was memorable.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I think it plays very well into the sense of community we just mentioned
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Passing Cars or Open Book Conversationalist
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
folk rock, Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Queen
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Power our van by our farts, we could tour forever.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Never practice the day of the show. Jesse (drums) can't wear shoes while he plays
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We all have really bad facial tattoos. Thats why we have beards.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Mainstream radio has been horrible for as long as we can remember. There are a lot of "locals only" or underground music focused stations here in the NW though
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
They wouldn't be very hidden if we told you. But we can summon witches
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |