Digging the album, definitely a departure from Kingdoms. I can't help but think about how much better it would be if produced differently or even stripped down to acoustic. I'd pay anyday for an acoustic EP.
After each song as I go, this is how i feel;
1) the last 10 seconds made the song feel like it was 10x better than it actually was, horrible opener
2) that was a good broadway song, what the hell was up with the opener?
3) another good track, will probably grow a little bit
4) best song so far, was expecting more of this
5) maybe two steps better than the opener?
6) couldn't get into it because it had a lot more potential... room to grow
7) hated the chorus but the verses held some ground, extreme mehhhhh
8) the 2nd verse deserved better material before and after it, the late guitar went nowhere.
9) definitely went lazy with this record so far, glad he agrees
10) unless the next track is in this vein, i'll say this song beats kingdoms AWOL
11) hands down best song, felt like it ended too soon though, kinda disappointing
As a kingdoms fan who loved seeing these guys live, I really hope they have new material already written and ready to record. Misha can sing and i don't know why he hides his voice so much with pitch correction and all that hunky annoying production mess.
The production on this record i think is what ruined it the most, the songs i did like could have been so much better.
If life were fair this album would be 5.00 on itunes, a buck a song