AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
All Time Low - Three Words To Remember In Dealing... Album Cover

All Time Low - Three Words To Remember In Dealing...

Reviewed by
All Time Low - Three Words To Remember In Dealing With The End EP
Record Label - Emerald Moon
Release Date - October 1, 2004
It is clear when we first put in our cd players All Time Low's debut EP that we are listening to something special. It is hard to believe that this was made when Alex Gaskarth and the rest of All Time Low was still in high school. The reason it is so hard to believe is Three Words To Remember is so advanced in both the writing and the musicianship. A high quality in which the band themselves find it hard to live up to this high quality even today. There is no "autotune" present, there is no after effects that we saw in later All Time Low albums like 2009s Nothing Personal or 2011s Dirty Work. Here it is just the band playing their songs and having a good time doing it.

From the opener "Hit the Lights" the EP starts off on a upbeat feeling and it never loses steam. The First three songs all have such momentum of a speeding train. "Last Flight Home," and my personal favorite, "Next Best Thing," stick in ones head more with each additional play. The final track "Memories That Fade Like Photographs," is the closing song that knocks one out of its socks. Even with some screaming in which is as catchy as anything. If one tells me this is NOT "pop-punk" then I think you are crazy because this is pop-punk at its finest, in a time period when pop-punk was being churned out by all the "best" pop-punk artists. Three Words To Remember lives up to every other pop-punk artist of 2004. While listening to this EP, there is excitement in the air and a vibe that nothing can stop this band but the band themselves (which is what may have happened).

Bottom line is this EP is the most underrated and under listened to album/EP that All Time Low has ever released and the one that started it all. Take a listen or two or three and you will be hooked.

9/10
This review is a user submitted review from justsurrendrfan. You can see all of justsurrendrfan's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
08:36 PM on 07/02/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
It's not that great. This may have been ATL at their rawest and heaviest but it's rather their least catchy material. 6/10 (Good) for me.
09:48 PM on 08/27/12
Leahjayne17
Leah Jayne
User Info.
agree entirely with this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT