AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Search the City Line-Up Completely Revamped

Posted by - 11:38 AM on 06/21/12
Search The City has a new singer, bassist, and drummer.
Message from the BandOkay guys, I figured that I would set the record straight and give you all a little more insight on what's been going on with us... Search The City was formed by Alex and I in 1998. Over the years we’ve had some member changes, so let me explain this to you all before the questions start flying: YES, we have a new singer, YES we have a new bassist, YES we have a new drummer, and YES we’re done writing our new record.

Here’s the deal: Alex and I always wanted this band to keep on going even after we disbanded, Adam and Josh did not. They felt that their calling was something different in life, and that's cool, we respected that... to each his own, you know? However, Al and I had no choice but to watch this band break up, knowing we still had so much more potential and creativity that we were leaving behind.

Over the course of the hiatus, Alex and I struggled to find other musicians that gelled well with us, bouncing back and forth from random band to random band until early 2011. It was then that Josh decided that he wanted to give Search The City another shot. Alex and I were on board but Adam was already playing drums for a different band. Drummer-less and bassist-less, the three of us got together and started writing again. We soon added Joe Marks (bass) and Chris Jenkins (drums) to fill those spots, and continued writing new material.

Fast forward eight months later: we have so much material written but with a limited amount of lyrics and vocal melodies. For the second time in our career, Josh refused to sing. Soon after that he stepped down. Two days later, Chris calls his buddy Travis Bobier, with whom he had experiences playing with in previous bands, and we decided to have him out for an audition. WOW!! He blew our minds! The night after the tryout, he goes home and writes over a couple demos, impressing us with his work ethic and creativity. So with the chemistry and creativity all there, we all gave our stamp of approval to have Travis be the new singer of this band, and we hope you will too.

Ever since then we’ve been firing out demos and collectively writing as a unit, like STC did when we started out. The energy is there; everyone has a say in this band, everyone is a contributing writer in this band, and EVERYONE has great respect for one another in this band. Search The City is stronger and more connected musically and personally than we have ever been before. We are all in this for the long haul, and we hope you will all come along for the ride.

James Czech
Search The City

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
11:40 AM on 06/21/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I loved this band, but they absolutely need to drop the STC moniker. They are most known for their singer, so despite that a founding guitarist may be still there this just seems ridiculous.
11:42 AM on 06/21/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Not down with the new singer. Hopes shattered.
11:42 AM on 06/21/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Kind of nervous about new singer considering how good the other one was. But still pretty excited about new music from these guys. Cant wait
11:43 AM on 06/21/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So is it this guy?

If so, good pick. That falsetto is gorgeous.
11:44 AM on 06/21/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Isn't this exactly the kind of case that a name change probably should happen?
11:51 AM on 06/21/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Pick a new name. Keeping the old one will only remind me what you will end up never being.
11:52 AM on 06/21/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
So is it this guy?

If so, good pick. That falsetto is gorgeous.

Nice find. I do like his voice, but as with Hit the Lights I think they should have changed their name. I get the established fan base but it's not that same. IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!!

Edit: Josh just had such a distinguished voice like Colin. Sad. So sad.
11:55 AM on 06/21/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
I'll definitely check this out but I agree with everyone who said they should change their name. They aren't even the same band anymore.
12:16 PM on 06/21/12
cholly
User Info.
hmm.
12:18 PM on 06/21/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I'm so stoked for new STC--I didnt think theyd be getting back together anytime soon.
12:35 PM on 06/21/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dont even care anymore now that josh isnt singing. that was a tease
12:40 PM on 06/21/12
sonicfury
User Info.
Not to be a negative nancy but I'm pretty disappointed with this news. With that said I'm still interested to hear new material but my expectations have been lowered a little which actually might be a good thing as prior to this they were sky high.
01:12 PM on 06/21/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Was disheartened hearing Josh left again, but perked up after watching that video of the new singer. Love his voice, dig his writing (based on that song) - I'm more than willing to give him a shot.
01:15 PM on 06/21/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
This makes me a bit less excited for their new music.

I thought their singer sounded similar to Stephen from Anberlin.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos