Username
Password
Radiohead News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Radiohead
Inside AP.net

Radiohead Releases Statement About Stage Collapse

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (06/21/12)
Radiohead has released a statement in regards to the stage collapse tragedy in Toronto.
Statement from the BandHello everyone, As you will probably have heard the roof over the stage collapsed at our show in Toronto killing crew member Scott Johnson and injuring three other crew members. The collapse also destroyed the light show - this show was unique and will take many weeks to replace. The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace. Whilst we all are dealing with the grief and shock ensuing from this terrible accident there are also many practical considerations to deal with & consequently we have to try and reschedule the following shows:

June 30 Roma Hippodrome Capanelle
July 1 Firenze Parco delle Cascine
July 3 Bologna Arena Parco Nord
July 4 Codroipo Villa Manin
July 6 Berlin Wuhlheide
July 7 Berlin Wuhlhedie
July 9 St Triphon Carriere des Andonces

We aim to announce the new dates for these shows on Wednesday 27th of June and will also supply information on how to obtain refunds on tickets if you cannot come to the show on the new date. We will start playing live again at Les Arenes Nimes, Bilbao BBK festival and Lisbon Optimus Alive festival. We will make every effort to offer the fans the very best show possible under the circumstances - thanks for your understanding and support.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
02:36 PM on 06/21/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
This is the official statement? Not trying to be a dick, but I would have expected a little bit more sorrow about their crew member.

EDIT: Radiohead DID release a separate statement earlier about the loss of their crew member. Disregard this post.
02:39 PM on 06/21/12
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
This is the official statement? Not trying to be a dick, but I would have expected a little bit more sorrow about their crew member.
They were just terse. They still said what needed to be said.
02:39 PM on 06/21/12
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I'm a bit surprised their crew member's passing wasn't addressed more. I'm guessing thay due to the tragedy of the situation, they decided to keep that more private. Radiohead seems too smart to just brush off something so important that callously.
02:40 PM on 06/21/12
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
Exactly what I thought...
02:41 PM on 06/21/12
i_am_kevin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
drum techs can be replaced immediately; light shows take weeks.
02:42 PM on 06/21/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Hey guys, a crew member died and our guitars broke. Fuck, those guitars are going to be difficult to replace..."
02:43 PM on 06/21/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I'm a bit surprised their crew member's passing wasn't addressed more. I'm guessing thay due to the tragedy of the situation, they decided to keep that more private. Radiohead seems too smart to just brush off something so important that callously.
I'm assuming this is the case. They don't technically owe anyone a statement about the crew member, but they did seem to brush over it pretty mildly.
02:46 PM on 06/21/12
enter return
User Info.
I'm happy im not the only one that thought the write up focused a lot more on their grief of losing their light show than of a human crew member.
02:52 PM on 06/21/12
ebushelm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Radiohead has lost a one of a kind crew member, their lights. RIP light show
02:53 PM on 06/21/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
I mean I know losing human lives is bad deal, but that light show was extremely unique and it's bringing us grief right now. That's what I got out of the statement. They sounded like they really didn't care about their crew members. No expressing any sorrow to the families or anything.
02:54 PM on 06/21/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"The collapse also destroyed the light show - this show was unique and will take many weeks to replace." but hey someone died no bog deal
02:55 PM on 06/21/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Wow. How disrespectful and careless...

What a complete tragedy, and they obviously care way more about their precious lights and stage setup.
02:56 PM on 06/21/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
That lights show gave all it had for the band.
02:57 PM on 06/21/12
ARo2431
User Info.

No kidding.....who cares about your backline or light show. Poor guy just lost guy life and thats all they have to say. Im not saying they don't care, but cmon show a little more respect for the guy.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums