Responding to interview questions: Anthony Masington
1. How did you get your band name?
After seeing the movie Session 9, I became heavily inspired by the "Session" concept (particularly therapy sessions), given that this music has been very therapeutic for me.
As far as the number 606 goes, it just happens to be a number I've seen around in a few odd coincedences.
2. How did this band get started?
Session 606 started off as a plethora of acoustic songs recorded on a four track. It then evolved into a full band in late 2009.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Not bands, but more artists. Elvis Costello, Daryl Palumbo, Roland Orzabal, Curt Smith, Chino Moreno, Regina Spektor.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Glassjaw and Deftones. They are the dopest bands I know. They've got class and style. They are the kind of bands that go on stage and don't give a shit what anyone thinks, yet they live for the fans.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Honestly, I love my own music and it is very therapeutic. I'm sure that it will impact others in a relative way.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I actually don't hold a torch to any athletes.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My Uncle Chip (R.I.P.)
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Rid the industry of insincere musicians.
10. Memorable tour experience?
My old drummer exposed the fact that he had a "Ball fro" and didn't know it was abnormal to have such a thing.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net to me is salvation. Bringing news to people about bands that actually matter.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
A song off of the Session 606 EP "Rebirth" called "Cutting Your Gains"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Definitely the United Kingdom
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
"In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility. Cos' sometimes I just don't want to be seen. Haha.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I cannot eat the day of and I have to drink a specific water with a PH of 11.5.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I want to be fed to sharks when I die.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
A lot of catchy pop music, not enough real music. I think Session 606 could flourish on a station that plays real music.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Record music. Listen to music. Watch psychological thriller movies and TV shows.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can touch my tongue to my nose. I am double jointed.