Username
Password

10:47 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
yeah idk how fun that would be. then again my league is the almost exact opposite. i think there's been one trade done and it was for nobodies. no one is willing to trade away anyone worth trying to get a deal done over.

Leagues like this suck too. But since everyone I play with drafts decently, they're better than leagues with ridiculous trades like that.
10:55 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm not being elitist and I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but why would you want to be in a league that doesn't have at least 12 teams? When my friends told me we were moving to 16 teams this year, I was pumped. There's always going to be luck involved, so when strategy really becomes important, it becomes so much more fun. And it becomes more insane. We have so many close matchups every week because every decision you make matters.
10:55 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
I am in three 12 team leagues and one 10 team league

I agree, 12 is probably the best. not necessarily superstars available everywhere
10:58 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Exactly. You want enough teams so that your free agent acquisitions and trades actually make a difference. In a 10 team league, it's basically 'pick a superstar' off waivers.
11:01 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Leagues like this suck too. But since everyone I play with drafts decently, they're better than leagues with ridiculous trades like that.
yeah, I think that's the reason for the lack of trades. everyone's team is competitive for the most part. obviously some better than others with only one or two legit bad teams. it's a 12-man so everything is spread pretty thin. some teams are dominant with RBs, others with WR, etc. it's hard to give up anyone worth a damn because you may be weakening your team in another position or decreasing flexibility with your roster.

with the way things have been going with RBs so far I'm really excited to see what kind of havoc bye weeks are going to cause for people.
11:03 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
Chris M.
Fredericton, NB
Male - 22 Years Old
Exactly. You want enough teams so that your free agent acquisitions and trades actually make a difference. In a 10 team league, it's basically 'pick a superstar' off waivers.

Not at all. The best players available in my 10 team league are dudes like Jackie Battle, Andrew Hawkins, and Andre Roberts. Definitely not "superstars" and definitely not guys that are reliable enough to start weekly even in a 12-team league.
11:05 AM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
I'm in a 10 team league but we have deep rosters so it's actually deeper than a standard 12 team league. I'd rather have 10 teams with deep rosters than 12 teams with standard rosters and 1 or 2 owners that don't check up on their teams/don't know what they're doing.
12:01 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
That's the way she goes, boys.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Really thinking about droping Mason Crosby and picking up Blair Walsh. Mason Crosby has been killing me. Yea my kicker is actually killing me lol.
12:33 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
(l,k)
hate on me then you hate success
No Avatar Selected
I'm not being elitist and I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but why would you want to be in a league that doesn't have at least 12 teams? When my friends told me we were moving to 16 teams this year, I was pumped. There's always going to be luck involved, so when strategy really becomes important, it becomes so much more fun. And it becomes more insane. We have so many close matchups every week because every decision you make matters.
it wasnt intentional, i had 12 people say they were in, 2 changed their mind and one refused to respond to anyone. despite me being all about trying to pull off crazy trades everyone is pretty much even record wise so far. the 2 people that are 1-3 are only doing so poorly cuz they really didnt draft well or because theyre injured.

obviously me putting trade possibilities like that suggests different but its fun for me and im only 2-2. but then again its my first year so maybe its cuz i havent experienced a 12 team league yet
12:51 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
about3fitty
Registered Member
i'm in a 10 team league and its getting kind of annoying. we barely made it to 10. all but one of the teams is stacked. the free agent pickups are irrelevant because pretty much everyone we drafted is going to put up ridiculous numbers every week. and no one wants to make any trades because they think "why make a trade when you have 6 pro bowlers who get you at least 20 points a week on your team?"
01:03 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
10 is the best. If you get ravaged by injuries, at least you have a chance to stay involved and still have fun. 12, a bad draft, and that's it for you.
01:06 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
(l,k)
No Avatar Selected
i'm in a 10 team league and its getting kind of annoying. we barely made it to 10. all but one of the teams is stacked. the free agent pickups are irrelevant because pretty much everyone we drafted is going to put up ridiculous numbers every week. and no one wants to make any trades because they think "why make a trade when you have 6 pro bowlers who get you at least 20 points a week on your team?"
that sounds more like a scoring rules issue than anything else if ur not exaggerating lol
01:11 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
brentkid
I am no king.
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
10 is the best. If you get ravaged by injuries, at least you have a chance to stay involved and still have fun. 12, a bad draft, and that's it for you.
That's probably one of the only knocks i have against 12, being in one myself. The guy with CJ this year also had FJax and has just been completely devastated up until this week. He really didn't have any other trading pieces because his draft ended up being so-so. Was pretty much a punching bag for whoever got to play him for the first two weeks, which slightly annoys me while I'm sitting at 1-3 while others had their records inflated playing a bad team.
01:24 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
(l,k)
No Avatar Selected
alright well the guy with rg3 traded him for mcfadden, that i will agree is a ridiculous trade, could have gotten more
02:00 PM on 10/01/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
We have 14 in our league and it sucks. There are no running backs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets