AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:20 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
QuikTrig
Male - 27 Years Old
Akers averaged 2-3 more points per game than any other kicker in football. I wouldn't mind a 2-3 point bump every week if all I had to do was draft a kicker in the 16th round instead of 17th
it's more the fact that you have no idea who the next david akers is going to be. did you expect akers to be that far ahead of other kickers at the end of 2011?
05:22 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
it's more the fact that you have no idea who the next david akers is going to be. did you expect akers to be that far ahead of other kickers at the end of 2011?

Right, but he has the best odds to. And the cost of grabbing him is so minimal that the possible benefits vastly outweigh it. Unless getting the Bengals second string runningback in the next to last round is that much more important than getting the Lions second stringer in the last round.
05:36 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
I need a few opinions. I'm trying to make a trade with my bro and want to give him fair value. I need a RB very badly; he could use a top wideout. I want to trade him Hakeem Nicks, Ryan Williams (he has Beanie Wells) and Santonio Holmes for Ryan Mathews. Fair enough?

Mathews was taken in the 2nd; Nicks was taken in the 4th, Williams in the 8th and Holmes in the 10th.

that is overpayment.
05:48 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
I need a few opinions. I'm trying to make a trade with my bro and want to give him fair value. I need a RB very badly; he could use a top wideout. I want to trade him Hakeem Nicks, Ryan Williams (he has Beanie Wells) and Santonio Holmes for Ryan Mathews. Fair enough?

Mathews was taken in the 2nd; Nicks was taken in the 4th, Williams in the 8th and Holmes in the 10th.

Yeah don't do that. You need to get way more than just Mathews if you do that.
05:59 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
Columbus, OH
Male - 30 Years Old

Yeah don't do that. You need to get way more than just Mathews if you do that.

Just Hicks and Williams is good enough, then?
06:01 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Just Hicks and Williams is good enough, then?

More reasonable. Just be prepared to be without Mathews for a bit if you do this. I drafted him in 2 leagues, so I like him, but I got him at a severe discount because of his injury and I'm just hoping for the best. I expect him to miss 2 games or so. Have a backup plan in place.
06:47 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
skyphoenix
One Among the Fence
Milford, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
you waited till the 5th round to take a qb? the balls on this guy

Once Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, and Brady were taken, I figured there wasn't a huge spread in the QBs so I focused elsewhere.
06:51 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
I seriously hate everything Eric Karabell writes about fantasy football. Dude's strategy opinions are stuck in 2006.
07:24 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
Columbus, OH
Male - 30 Years Old
More reasonable. Just be prepared to be without Mathews for a bit if you do this. I drafted him in 2 leagues, so I like him, but I got him at a severe discount because of his injury and I'm just hoping for the best. I expect him to miss 2 games or so. Have a backup plan in place.

Right. I know he is set to miss a week or two (I hope). Thanks dude.
07:46 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
(l,k)
hate on me then you hate success
No Avatar Selected
Once Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, and Brady were taken, I figured there wasn't a huge spread in the QBs so I focused elsewhere.
yeah good point, i thought you just passed over them from the get go haha
08:35 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
QuikTrig
Male - 27 Years Old
Right, but he has the best odds to. And the cost of grabbing him is so minimal that the possible benefits vastly outweigh it. Unless getting the Bengals second string runningback in the next to last round is that much more important than getting the Lions second stringer in the last round.

does he have the best odds to? honest question. i wonder if there's any math on it.
08:50 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Sigh. Once again I lack RB depth. Hopefully Mendenhall comes back in October as projected. And Donald Brown has the potential to have a big year.

QB- Eli Manning, Jay Cutler
RB- LeSean McCoy, Donald Brown, Rashard Mendenhall, Dexter McCluster
WR- Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall, Justin Blackmon, Devone Bess, Nate Washington, Mario Manningham
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Matt Prater
Def- San Francisco
09:09 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
Cleveland, OH
Male
Had a crappy draft position in my league, but I did the best I could. Beats having to start Cutler last year.

QB: Matthew Stafford, Robert Griffin III

RB: Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush, C.J. Spiller, Rashad Jennings

WR: Marques Colston, DeSean Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Jon Baldwin

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brent Celek

D/ST: Ravens

K: Stephen Gostkowski, Jason Hanson
10:34 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Had a crappy draft position in my league, but I did the best I could. Beats having to start Cutler last year.

QB: Matthew Stafford, Robert Griffin III

RB: Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush, C.J. Spiller, Rashad Jennings

WR: Marques Colston, DeSean Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Jon Baldwin

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brent Celek

D/ST: Ravens

K: Stephen Gostkowski, Jason Hanson

Why on earth do you have two kickers? And a backup to gronk? Drop those and pick up best available WR and RB for depth immediately. A kendal hunter and randy moss type potential upside is probably there.
10:37 PM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
I got Forte, Charles, Tate, DeAngelo, Ryan Williams, and Ridley at RB. Jennings, Decker, Torry Smith, Crabtree and Jeffery at WR. Should I pick up Collie, Cobb, LaFell or Dwyer? I am looking more to add WR depth but word is Dwyer might be starting now and could be good trade bait. .5 PPR keeper league. Leaning LaFell.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos