Username
Password

09:31 AM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, that's right. We start 3 RBs though. Every down backs are extremely valuable

This is true. But I'm really down on MJD this year and think you can get better value with that first round pick. Youre getting great value with those other three in those rounds.
01:28 PM on 07/08/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
This is true. But I'm really down on MJD this year and think you can get better value with that first round pick. Youre getting great value with those other three in those rounds.

Well I just traded Cam and Murray for Shady McCoy and Fitz so I guess I don't have much of a decision to make anymore
12:36 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 23 Years Old
I would be down for a MFL salary cap league, whoever said they wanted to do one.
06:15 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
Well I just traded Cam and Murray for Shady McCoy and Fitz so I guess I don't have much of a decision to make anymore

PPR? 4pts/TD pass?
06:16 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
Anyone know any good Fantasy Football podcasts. I find myself listening to more podcasts now at night trying to figure out which is the best.

Anything by footballguys.com is top notch.
06:17 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
id be willing to start up a pay league on myfantasyleague for this site.

can do a keeper or standard...

would like to get 12 teams if possible @ 30 a piece

that would cove site costs, plus leave us with over 275 for prize money

Interested. Leaguesafe?
08:39 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old

No PPR. 6 pts per TD pass
08:50 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
No PPR. 6 pts per TD pass

Very even trade considering a considerable amount of McCoy's value lies in PPR, but when you consider getting Newton in the 17th it totally swings the deal in his favor. I would have preferred you stay pat and held the bottom 3 players after MJD. I think we're about to see him fall off a cliff production wise, especially if he holds out and misses all or a majority of TC. Feels like you maybe, in part, made the deal to make it easier to justify keeping MJD at cost not at value.
09:04 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
Very even trade considering a considerable amount of McCoy's value lies in PPR, but when you consider getting Newton in the 17th it totally swings the deal in his favor. I would have preferred you stay pat and held the bottom 3 players after MJD. I think we're about to see him fall off a cliff production wise, especially if he holds out and misses all or a majority of TC. Feels like you maybe, in part, made the deal to make it easier to justify keeping MJD at cost not at value.

Its mostly because I think Cam Newton is going to be a bust this year. He isn't coming close to rushing for 13 TD's again this year. They brought in Tolbert for a reason and have specifically have come out and said they don't want Cam running as much this year. He just isn't a skilled enough passer and makes too many mistakes at this point in his career. I mean he threw for over 250 yards only twice in the second half of last season.

And McCoy was the 2nd best RB in our league last year, even with it not being PPR.
09:27 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
kidwithhelmet
MINNESNOWTA
Male - 28 Years Old
Its mostly because I think Cam Newton is going to be a bust this year. He isn't coming close to rushing for 13 TD's again this year. They brought in Tolbert for a reason and have specifically have come out and said they don't want Cam running as much this year. He just isn't a skilled enough passer and makes too many mistakes at this point in his career. I mean he threw for over 250 yards only twice in the second half of last season.

And McCoy was the 2nd best RB in our league last year, even with it not being PPR.

I understand McCoy's value regardless of scoring system, as I was uneasy about holding him in my own non PPR keeper league last year but was delighted with 17 rushing TDs. But from a rushing standpoint, 2011 is going to go down as his best year. 270 carries and 17 TDs again? I think 245/10 is way more like it. Philly added 2 rookies (Polk, Brown) because Ronnie Brown was abysmal last year and they don't want to overwork McCoy more than they need to.

With Cam Newton, I think it's important to keep in mind that his stratospheric rise was enhanced even more because so many people thought he was a bust to begin with and shouldn't have been the 1st overall pick. If Luck were to do something similar this year (astronomical rushing stats aside) it would be a blessing, but not shocking, considering he has been dubbed the best QB prospect to come out in a long time. So here we are in Year 2 and it's just as sheik to call out his decline as it was to call out his bust label last year. The fact is that he's an incredibly unique talent the likes of which quite simply have not been seen before. He's got the rushing ability of Vick but the body to handle it. That's the key point here. With Vick you tense up watching him try to pick his way through a defense, and god forbid he jumps a pile for the TD. With Cam, he IS the pile. It would be dumb to assume he'll get to or even improve his rushing totals from last year, but is 600 yards and 10 TDs really a stretch? I don't feel it is.

I wouldn't read as much into Tolbert either. The price was right and he wanted to come back to the area. Carolina ultimately wants to control the ball on the ground and they'll lose either JStew or DWill next year.
11:00 AM on 07/14/12 
User Info.
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
Terre Haute, IN
Male - 25 Years Old
Any good sites for mock drafts and rankings? I just usually go to rotoworld only.
05:30 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
chcougar1
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Looking for some help on deciding who to keep. We have been a 10 team, Non-PPR league, but are moving to a 12 man league this year.

We play with a standard ESPN league (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX, 1TE, 1D/ST, 1K)

QB:
Rivers

RB:
Demarco Murray
Darren Sproles
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Bush
Mike Tolbert
Khalil Bell

WR:
Victor Cruz
Andre Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Nate Washington
Jeremy Maclin
Malcolm Floyd
Lance Moore

TE:
Dustin Keller

D/ST:
Jets

K:
Bironas

Pretty much trying to pick two our of Andre Johnson, Victor Cruz, and DeMarco Murray

Thoughts?
05:53 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
Looking for some help on deciding who to keep. We have been a 10 team, Non-PPR league, but are moving to a 12 man league this year.

We play with a standard ESPN league (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX, 1TE, 1D/ST, 1K)

QB:
Rivers

RB:
Demarco Murray
Darren Sproles
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Bush
Mike Tolbert
Khalil Bell

WR:
Victor Cruz
Andre Johnson
Santonio Holmes
Nate Washington
Jeremy Maclin
Malcolm Floyd
Lance Moore

TE:
Dustin Keller

D/ST:
Jets

K:
Bironas

Pretty much trying to pick two our of Andre Johnson, Victor Cruz, and DeMarco Murray

Thoughts?

I don't understand how you can do keepers while moving from a 10 to a 12 man league? The 2 new guys are just screwed from the start?
05:54 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
Any good sites for mock drafts and rankings? I just usually go to rotoworld only.

mockdraftcentral.com is pretty good. People that go there are normally pretty serious so you don't get nearly as many douchebags who intentionally screw up the mock and stuff
06:40 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
chcougar1
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
I don't understand how you can do keepers while moving from a 10 to a 12 man league? The 2 new guys are just screwed from the start?

I don't like the idea either but we are letting the two new teams picks where they want to pick in the draft and also giving them an extra pick at the end of rounds 1 and 3 (post keeper "rounds" of course).

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos