Username
Password
Blog News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 194.
03:31 PM on 06/24/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
alright big guy i'll bite. you're just generalizing an entire genre and demeaning it to being simple and linear which makes it "lazy" when i could do the same exact thing with pop punk, indie rock, pop, etc.

you can point to any genre and say "these acts make simple music, its a lazy genre" when in reality there are acts in all genres pushing boundaries and actually doing good things. you mention Tiesto, who in recent years has put out some pretty bad shit but his albums from the early 00's took EDM to new levels.

you can't pin point one genre as being more lazy than others. it just doesn't work like that. the fact that there are no lyrics to match to music doesnt make it lazier. there are more things that go into EDM than other traditional, organic styles of music and vice versa.
03:34 PM on 06/24/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Everyone in this thread complaining about how EDM isn't fun live, or entertaining or hard to make: lol. we know it's not hard to make. or they just press play. who is honestly listening to EDM for how deep and thoughtful the music is? There is your first problem. Go to a show fucked up, dance and have fun. I listen to a large amount of EDM and music featured on this site and honestly, there are some DJs who do more then press play. It's all about how you mix the set. deadmau5 is a terrible DJ but a decent producer. look up Feed Me. amazing Dj live, excellent producer, makes all different genres of EDM and he designed his last tour's light show himself (Google image search feed me with Teeth).
03:34 PM on 06/24/12
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Deadmau5 is such a cunt. Firstly there was his beef with Rusko when he told on him smokin weed, then there was his arguments with Madonna, about her drug references, and he is the figurehead for EDM but always appears as such a dick.

Also EDM is so difficult and intricate to create, it takes so much hard work and dedication, just cause some people turn up and don't mix live, it doesn't take away their hard work.
03:35 PM on 06/24/12
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It drives me insane that people like him and Skrillex make soooo much fucking money per show for shit like that.
Why? They produce great music in that genre. The shows are awesome, and the light shows are always incredible. Shows are suppose to be fun, and they make it just that for the people in the crowd.
03:45 PM on 06/24/12
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
this is the most ignorant post i've ever seen and i'm just going to ignore it.
Amen.
03:47 PM on 06/24/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
made me laugh that the wallpaper and the ad to the right as I post this are both him.
Hahah yup
04:00 PM on 06/24/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
This. Even if your music doesn't have vocals, maybe add some anyways during your live shows. Sort of like Combichrist does. They don't have that much vocals in their recordings, but he is singing or doing something during their whole shows.
Yeah, they could at least mix something at the shows. You know, like build the song live with loops, keyboards, and a drum machine. I saw Kimbra build a song with her iPad, loops, backing vocals that she recorded on the spot, the works! Do that live, and then I'd be willing to pay.

Live shows should contain an actual performance, at least the pop stars that lip sing also dance. Like I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Brown live because you know he's going to put on a show.
04:03 PM on 06/24/12
Intotheunkn0wn
User Info.
Anyone knows it's not about the performance but about the ambience. It's a party, not a concert.
If you think that is wrong, blame the people who want to dance.

Agreed. I've been to a skrillex concert. I paid $50 and it was one of the most fun "parties" ive ever been to. I wasn't watching a band, but wow was it fun. Worth every penny
04:07 PM on 06/24/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/326773

Reminds me of that video. Fuck this entire genre.
04:09 PM on 06/24/12
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/326773

Reminds me of that video. Fuck this entire genre.
fuck you.
04:10 PM on 06/24/12
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Why? They produce great music in that genre. The shows are awesome, and the light shows are always incredible. Shows are suppose to be fun, and they make it just that for the people in the crowd.

yup
04:14 PM on 06/24/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Awwww... People discrediting an inherently lazy genre of "music" makes you sad. How dare everyone?
04:26 PM on 06/24/12
Wonkroota
User Info.
Awwww... People discrediting an inherently lazy genre of "music" makes you sad. How dare everyone?
I'm not even a big fan of EDM, but the "anyone can do it"/"lazy" bullshit argument has been made for punk, hip-hop, and so many goddamn genres. It doesn't mean anything, deep down, because what matters is whether the music is enjoyable. A lot of "simplistic" music made with loops and samples and played out of a computer at shows is far more enjoyable than prog-metal bands who are technical as fuck, but have no songwriting skills.

And putting "music" in quotes derisively is fucking annoying and childish.

EDIT: and, hell, pop punk today is pretty fucking formulaic.
04:33 PM on 06/24/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fucking hate when people think all dj's do is play other peoples music or play cd's

Deadmau5 isn't a junior high dance dj. idiots
04:34 PM on 06/24/12
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
explain to me how its inherently lazy and why you put music in quotations
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums