AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Thrice News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Brian Fallon Supports Dustin Kensrue

Posted by - 02:46 PM on 06/26/12
Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem has written a blog in support of Dustin Kensrue (Thrice).
From The BlogI guess Iím gonna have to change this blogís name to "Sticking Up For People.com."

So Mr. Duston Kensrue feels led by The Lord to leave Thrice and play worship music. Awesome. I love that heís doing that.

I understand some Thrice fans might be bummed that they broke up, but bands do that from time to time and it happens. You have to keep in mind that itís not your band. These people have lives that are more important than the thing they do that we love and admire. Real life happens to people in the spotlight.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 240
02:49 PM on 06/26/12
Dlemert
User Info.
I love that one of my favorite people in music supports one of my other favorite people in music.
02:50 PM on 06/26/12
In-Silence
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When you're right, you're right.
02:52 PM on 06/26/12
topher465
every shining time you arrive
User Info.
Dude's right.
02:53 PM on 06/26/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Finally! Some sense.
02:55 PM on 06/26/12
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
User Info.
Great work Brian. You (and Dustin) give musicians a good name.
02:55 PM on 06/26/12
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Dude seems to not notice the difference between a normal, tolerant view of Christianity, and the blatantly sexist and homophobic views of Mars Hill. He's not at all considering the relatively high position Dustin is now holding in said church. Not all Christians are bad people. The vast majority of Christians are good people. From the audio clips and transcripts I've encountered from Mark Driscoll's preaching, he is not a good person.

I have no problem with Dustin dropping from Thrice to play worship music. My problem is with the church that he's doing it at.
02:56 PM on 06/26/12
Ryan Dennehy
He completely misses the problem that people have with Dustin's choice. It isn't that he's making worship music or that he's just a Christian - it's that he belongs to a church with explicitly offensive ideology.
02:56 PM on 06/26/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
While I don't disagree with his sentiments he is missing the point just a tiny bit, being as the accusations stemmed from Dustin being part of one church that's very controversial in particular and who's pastor has actually made some pretty questionable comments, rather than generalisations regarding Christianity in general.
02:59 PM on 06/26/12
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Oh, look! Another thread of hate against Mars Hill. You guys are hilarious. Most of you have no idea what you're talking about because you don't understand the things you say.

Soooo many people just missing the point on this - Brian nailed it.

For a world so "tolerant" you guys sure are quick to judge something that is not your definition of "tolerance."

"Look at me, I'm so tolerant when it justifies my beliefs! But when it doesn't I have to be intolerant of things I don't agree with instead of leaving it alone!" - majority of AP.net users who have a problem with Mars Hill/Christianity/Dustin's choice to be a pastor there.

Just ridiculous.
03:00 PM on 06/26/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He completely misses the problem that people have with Dustin's choice. It isn't that he's making worship music or that he's just a Christian - it's that he belongs to a church with explicitly offensive ideology.
exactly.
Holly HoX!
User Info.
First sentence of his post should be "no fucking shit"

Why is he the scene police?
petter182
User Info.
Dude seems to not notice the difference between a normal, tolerant view of Christianity, and the blatantly sexist and homophobic views of Mars Hill. He's not at all considering the relatively high position Dustin is now holding in said church. Not all Christians are bad people. The vast majority of Christians are good people. From the audio clips and transcripts I've encountered from Mark Driscoll's preaching, he is not a good person.

I have no problem with Dustin dropping from Thrice to play worship music. My problem is with the church that he's doing it at.
Agreed. I'm guessing he's speaking in general terms, but yeah, the point of last nights discussion was Dustins affiliation with Mars Hill, not his choice to pursue God and worship music.
03:01 PM on 06/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Agreed.
03:01 PM on 06/26/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Oh, look! Another thread of hate against Mars Hill. You guys are hilarious. Most of you have no idea what you're talking about because you don't understand the things you say.

Soooo many people just missing the point on this - Brian nailed it.
Redundant much? Time and energy that would've been better spent on actually quantifying why we're wrong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos