AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Paramore News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Hayley Williams Blogs About Paramore Recording Progress

Posted by - 09:29 AM on 06/27/12
Hayley Williams of Paramore has started a studio blog. Her first post is below.
Yelyah BlogWellÖ as promised, Iím back here doing a blog. Writing a blog. This weekend is the first time in over a week that Iíve been all on my lonesome. Weíve had family, friends, and co-workers in and out of here, visiting or helping us with various thingsÖ such as stay sane while off the road. My sister just left yesterday morning. She visited me all week and we basically did everything there is to do here in Los Angeles. Found ourselves in that infamous traffic all week long. Even so, we still walked to the Hollywood sign, sat on a cliff in Malibu (right near our old band house during BNE recording sessions), talked about boys, spent a day at Disneyland, and hung at the Warped tour. Great week, right? Now, itís all quiet. Now, what?

Ugh, Iíd like to take a few sentences to complain about these longish claw nails I had put on for the hell of it. How does anyone type with these things? How does Katy Perry tweet? How does Gaga play her keytar? AnywaysÖ.
Since Iím feeling particularly alone right about now, I thought itíd be a good time to talk about one of the songs weíll be recording for the new album. Itís kind of fun to get into subject matter without any of you actually have heard the song or even knowing the exact words to it. The song is not as much about feeling lonely as it is enjoying the simple state of being alone. For instance, on a Saturday night, like tonight. I quite enjoy the opportunity to cook a meal for myself and sit on the couch watching Pretty Woman all night if thatís what I feel like. Read a book. Write a song. You get the point. Basically, I donít mind spending some time by myself. Itís something that Iíve always learned a lot from.

Over the last four years or so, Paramore got busier and spent more time working on tour than we did at home. I sort of forgot how much I loved, even needed, my alone time. But the past year, being as ďslowĒ as it wasÖ I was able to sort of refocus all that nervous, busy energy and learn once again how nice a night-in can be. In fact, I spend most nights ďinĒ, unless thereís work, family, or some important event going on. Itís probably a phase and life is very much like a pendulumÖ So, by the time this really gets around, I could be raging every night. (See: sober-raging, for reference). All this to say, Iíve talked to many people who say that they really donít like to be alone. That they canít shut their mind off when thereís no one around talking to them or when the music isnít loud. It takes practice. And truly, itís worth getting good at.

The other side of this is how reclusive Iíve become as of late. Like I said, I love my time alone. With only one or two close friends. Iím pretty weary of people getting close to me and whether or not itís a positive or a negative thing, Iím not too concerned right now. What matters is I feel good about it. And as we already discussed, itís most likely some phase but Iím learning nonetheless. It just seems like most people my age are going through the exact opposite phase. For some reason, I needed to write it out, how I felt about the social ladder, overactive social livesÖ and my lack of any sort of care in the world about it all.

Geez, what a long winded explanation. Think about it though. Spend some time with yourself if you havenít. Iím no therapist but it seems like it couldnít hurt. Certainly does wonders for me. In fact, writing run-on sentences and blogging all this nonsense is one of my favorite quiet things to do. Iíll be writing these more often now that we are headed back into the studioÖ so come on back to this bloggy blog any olí time you wanna ďbe aloneĒ with me.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
09:36 AM on 06/27/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Quote:
The other side of this is how reclusive I’ve become as of late. Like I said, I love my time alone. With only one or two close friends. I’m pretty weary of people getting close to me and whether or not it’s a positive or a negative thing, I’m not too concerned right now. What matters is I feel good about it. And as we already discussed, it’s most likely some phase but I’m learning nonetheless. It just seems like most people my age are going through the exact opposite phase. For some reason, I needed to write it out, how I felt about the social ladder, overactive social lives… and my lack of any sort of care in the world about it all.

This is exactly how I've felt for about a year now
09:47 AM on 06/27/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone.
09:52 AM on 06/27/12
boomer08
User Info.
It's taking them longer than it took blink to put out new music.
09:53 AM on 06/27/12
boomer08
User Info.
lmao
10:00 AM on 06/27/12
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.

You win
10:15 AM on 06/27/12
MJB12
Silenced.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Came to say this
10:25 AM on 06/27/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Good. Good.
10:33 AM on 06/27/12
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
User Info.
+1
11:06 AM on 06/27/12
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
You can't rely on the company of other people too much. Which isn't to say that other people suck or whatever, but the quiet hum of an evening alone really replenishes you.
11:09 AM on 06/27/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

/thread

Seriously though, I love her blogs and can't wait to hear new music.
11:58 AM on 06/27/12
xrider105
This is closure once and for all!
User Info.
Kind of a misleading title. She didn't mention their recording process at all.
03:00 PM on 06/27/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
This instantly came to my mind. Awesome.

Anyways, it's kind of weird but i feel the same way, i've never been much of a "going out" person... i enjoy just having time alone, doing one of many projects, thinking, reading, writing, etc. So i made a connection with her there.

Really nice blog, and i really need that 4th album sooner rather than later, but it's better if they take the time and do something great and nothing rushed. After the loss of the Farro's the band is in a critic position regarding the music. But i'm sure they'll pull it out and it will be greater than ever...

tl;dr Nice to know about Hayley! :)
03:29 PM on 06/27/12
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
Sooo is she single now?
04:08 PM on 06/27/12
senSedative12
NJ Sexuality
User Info.
This is exactly how I've felt for about a year now
Cheeers to that friend! For me it's been that way for around 2-3 years now which was an enormous personal change of pace @ the time, going from partying at least every other day and rarely spending any alone time w/ myself except for when asleep to (within days)literally exiling myself into the beginning stages of the stereotypical "hermit lifestyle". Just as Hayley noted again, however, I eventually accepted it and found a balanced state of contentment, subconsciously knowing that I made that choice to change for a reason. I'm much happier now paced to a slow jog rather than the all out sprint I had been exhausting myself on daily, so it is quite refreshing to see that people with lives as stressful(yet rewarding) as Hayley's can be actually share somewhat similar experiences & emotions.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos