AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Victorious Cast - Victorious 2.0: More Music from the... Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals N/A
Musicianship N/A
Lyrics N/A
Production 6
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 6
Reviewer Tilt 6
Final Verdict: 60%
Member Ratings
Production 1.75
Creativity 1.19
Lasting Value 1.63
Reviewer Tilt 2.19
Average: 17%

Victorious Cast - Victorious 2.0: More Music from the...

Reviewed by: Joe DeAndrea (06/27/12)
Victorious Cast - Victorious 2.0: More Music from the Hit TV Show
Record Label: Columbia Records
Release Date: June 5th, 2012

I just can't escape Victoria Justice.

I mean, I'll be honest: I don't WANT to escape Victoria Justice. But if I'm in the grocery store stocking up on frozen pizzas -- I can't help but notice her face on every magazine in the rack while I wait in the checkout line. Okay, maybe it's my mind that's putting her face on every magazine, but that's totally not the point. Point is, she increases my quality of life.

Justice's hit TV show, Victorious, has pretty much been the only thing I've watched for the past 2 years. I've purposely smashed my remote control into pieces so I'd have to physically GET UP to change the channel, and we all know that's never going to happen. With each viewing, it's just another reminder that she's actually too perfect for my existence and that I'm not even worthy enough to let her programming occupy my day. As a result, I listen to her music instead. That way, I can do two things at once: hear her angelic voice and put my own number in my phonebook under her name and text myself. Productivity!

Now, of course, the music at hand must be taken seriously. Upon the release of Victorious' debut soundtrack, I mentally prepared myself for an invigorating experience. The skies grew brighter (because it was 6am) and it felt like all my pores opened up (due to scratching my face really hard from specific frustration). It all felt right. But the only thing missing was more.

Thankfully, my hopes and dreams were answered in the form of Victorious: 2.0. It's only six songs long, so it's obviously an attempt to make a quick buck, but that's fine with me. They can have all of my bucks. I'd @ reply my bank account/social security number to Justice as long as she'd see it.

With that said, the songs in general are kinda great. Opener "Make It In America" was co-written by Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson, and his influence is clear on the track. It's definitely one of Justice's catchiest to date, and perhaps a preview into what will come out of her real solo stuff as she continues to stray away from the Nickelodeon name. "Take a Hint," a duet between Justice and castmate Elizabeth Gillies (some people say she's better than Justice but they're SOOOO wrong), is another fist pumping jam that acts as an anthem to creepy guys everywhere (Ed. note - me).

"Shut Up and Dance" gets me all emotional as it sounds sort of exactly like Fall Out Boy's "I Don't Care" (or Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus," whatever). The other few aren't as Victoria-centric as the first half, and that's this record's fatal flaw. Basically, Victoria Justice is the Season 8 finale of Scrubs. Anyone who shares a vocal booth with her is Season 9. In short: GO AWAY. IT WAS PERFECT UNTIL YOU RUINED IT.

As a whole, I'm just happy new music from her is in my life. It won't be long until I head back into hysteria demanding new music again, but all I know is that whether we get a Victorious 3.6*2, or a legitimate Justice full-length, I'll be rocking out to it on my fabulous Victorious-branded headphones.

Additional InformationTrack Listing
01) Make It In America
02) Take a Hint
03) Shut Up and Dance
04) 5 Fingaz to the Face
05) Countdown
06) Don't You (Forget About Me)

Victorious Cast is:
Victoria Justice and some other people, who knows.

Twitter - Amazon MP3

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54.
06:39 PM on 06/27/12
blue_light_888
User Info.
Hilarious review and a decent show from what I've heard.
06:40 PM on 06/27/12
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
This review is absolutely terrifying.
06:46 PM on 06/27/12
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
User Info.
Countdown is the best song, Ari is the best singer. Fuck you if you think otherwise.
11:58 PM on 06/27/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
This review basically sums up everything I've ever thought about Justice, her TV show, and her music.

Perfect woman is perfect.
12:18 AM on 06/28/12
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
User Info.
Ariana >>>>> every other cast member
12:33 AM on 06/28/12
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
Kenan & Kel will always be the best Nickelodeon show.
12:44 AM on 06/28/12
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
Ariana >
12:56 AM on 06/28/12
Fish Man Alex
User Info.

this x100
01:13 AM on 06/28/12
TravisSaidSo
User Info.
This is why i love the internet
03:49 AM on 06/28/12
ColorsRemain
This Will Be The Death of Us
User Info.
Don't really care for the show, but I love Ari and Victoria, and "Beggin' On Your Knees" is the catchiest thing I've ever heard.
04:19 AM on 06/28/12
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
this this this.
05:54 AM on 06/28/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Joe, I'll be praying for you.
06:28 AM on 06/28/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
those headphones look so comfortable.
07:07 AM on 06/28/12
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
So you jumped from Miley to Victoria eh Joe?
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS