Username
Password

09:46 AM on 10/28/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Probably going to be getting a Moto X soon. Won't be my first android device, had a Nexus 7 (2012) and still have a Droid 2 laying around somewhere that I've just been using as an MP3 player but this will be my first smartphone that I actually use as a smartphone. Pretty excited about it
10:11 AM on 10/28/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Chromecast will plug into the HDMI of my TV and stream too, right? Like my Roku
Yup, thats what its for.
10:30 AM on 10/28/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Is there a USB input on it as well? It looks like there is from the picture, but I didn't see it listed in the specs. It does say USB power cable, but I thought it was powered by the device you plug it into?!?!
the USB port is for power, you can either plug the included USB cable in to your TV if it has a port or in to the wall. HDMI doesn't carry enough power for it. If you already have a roku you should probably stick with that for now, it has a bit wider content support.
09:12 PM on 04/28/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
My mom offered to put me back on the family plan and pay my phone bill now that I'm moving out, which means 2 things. 1) I save $780 a year and 2) I have to say goodbye to my Nexus 5. The family plan is still Verizon and they, still, don't allow the Nexus 5 on their network. My Moto X is on the way. I hope it's as solid of a device as I've been hearing, cause I am going to miss this phone.
04:21 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Took me near all day but my Moto X is near software identical to a Nexus 5 now.
08:13 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
how's the moto x? I've got the little brother moto g. I love it, runs beautifully. Yet to glitch.
Pretty great so far, came with a lot of bloat ware and at first I was really worried I'd miss my nexus 5 but i side loaded the Google Now Launcher, made Google apps the default for everything, and disable all but one of the bloat apps it comes with from verizon. That plus switching to ART means that software wise its virtually identical to my Nexus. The smaller screen doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would and it almost feels more solid than the Nexus 5 just because the overall device is smaller so its a lot more dense and feels heavier even though its not. Takes a little getting used to having the volume rocker on the right but that wasn't bad. Really loving it so far, definitely softening the blow.
08:15 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I got the Moto G because that's what I can afford at the moment...It's arriving tomorrow. I noticed it doesn't support LTE - how is the speed for you and what network are you on? Do you have a lot of apps on it?
Moto G was intended mostly for India and China, 4G isn't well supported there yet so it wasn't included as it would have added cost to what is intended to be a very low cost device and wouldn't have added any benefit for most of its target market. Still a really solid phone that's just why it doesn't have 4G
08:25 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
That makes sense. Still, I've heard mostly good things so I'm guessing the lack of it isn't as bad as I'm probably thinking it is.
When I had my Nexus on AT&T I rarely got 4G just because of the area I live in. 3G was enough for damn near everything, didn't even notice a difference unless I tried to stream HD video and even then only if my signal was bad. So if they offered a version of the G for even just $50 more with LTE I'm not sure I'd bother with it to be honest.
08:50 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Haha nahh it costs money but is well worth the features imo. ...but between you and me, you can usually just Google around for the .apk file for any app (I usually specify the latest version number of the app to make sure I'm not getting something outdated because you can't update them through the Play Store), and you can just install it yourself. Really easy, there's a checkbox somewhere in your settings to allow the installation of 3rd party applications onto your phone. Works for any Android phone and doesn't require root.
This is how I installed the Nexus 5's launcher on my Moto X. Super easy to do.
11:25 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, you just have to go to the launcher currently running in your application settings, and just clear its defaults. Next time you hit your "Home" button, it will ask you which launcher you want to choose.

No battery differences that I can tell. Plus, Nova runs a lot snappier than Samsung's TouchWiz UI on my S4 anyways.
This may be Moto X/stock android specific, but when I installed a second launcher the "Home" option appeared under the Device section of settings that lets me change the launcher without having to clear anything.
07:28 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Apple is being sued over iMessage causing SMS messages to not be delivered to Android Users who switched from an iPhone
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-lawsuit-iphones-dont-deliver-texts-to-android-2014-5
07:47 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Good. I love Apple products, but the company needs a swift kick in the rear for a lot of their policies/actions
Would be nice to get this fixed, though I think its more of a bug than a designed flaw. Granted not one they're in any hurry to fix I'm sure.
09:45 AM on 05/22/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Apple formerly acknowledges iMessage bug, will release a fix in the near furture
09:13 AM on 05/25/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
yes you are right.. Here is the link on how to download whatsapp for pc
Aggressive marketing campaign, facebook.
02:47 PM on 06/03/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
T-Mobile Moto X users only

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music