Username
Password

02:50 AM on 06/29/12 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
How exactly?

I'm not sure which model is, but a friend of mine has a Samsung Android (just got it earlier this year), and it's incredibly slow and clunky feeling. Apps are always crashing, the operating system seems slow and laggy, the camera takes forever to take a photo, among other things.

The iPhone 4S is hands down the best phone I've ever used, in my opinion. Again, not hating.

brannnnndiiiiiinnnnnn

I have a samsung galaxy s2 and it's rad, it's so fast. The only downside is it comes with Samsung's shitty TouchWiz on but I put a custom Samsung ROM with TouchWiz and all the bloatware apps on it removed and now it fucking flies. I was gonna upgrade to the Galaxy S3 this year but there's not much point, I'm going to let this contract run then look at my options.

I did a restore by accident the other day and went back to gingerbread, fuck me it is slow as shit compared to ICS, maybe it's because of TouchWiz or what, I don't know; but it was awful.
06:19 AM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
it's just a version of the OS, they all have different code names, ice cream sandwich, gingerbread etc.
11:26 AM on 09/25/12 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
tried a jelly bean rom earlier but it was useless, it had no "my files" or even the task manager, and all the 3rd party ones look like shit and have too many features. all i wanted was to be able to see open apps and ram usage with the button to clear ram, can't believe i couldn't find one.

back on ICS now, will wait for some better roms to pop up.
01:21 AM on 06/13/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
I got an OTA update for S2 that made it slow as shit, no idea why but stuff like Firefox and Mozilla are just too fucking slow. I'm due an upgrade next month anyway so I'm going to go for the S4, I'm just going to put up with it for now.

Does anyone know any websites/shops that do free gifts with phones in the UK? Had a look on carphone warehouse and phones4u but there's shite all with the S4, I'm with Three at the moment but I may aswell get the phone from somewhere else if I end up getting a free laptop etc.
02:04 PM on 06/13/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
Firefox is slow as shit on Android in general. Try using Dolphin Browser HD or Chrome. Also, do you know what particular OTA you got?

No idea really, opera was always fine and that's slow as shit now. I was on a custom rom then put it back to stock (gingerbread) and got a jellybean update. Bit of a pain but I think I'll just wait it out for now until my upgrade
Hope I can get the version with stock android, I'm really not a fan of touchwiz
Edit: its 4.1.2
12:44 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
I was gonna go for the S4 but I'm thinking about going for the HTC One now, it looks really smart.
03:52 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
hahaha.

The only bad thing I'll say about Samsung phones is that TouchWiz is fucking awful, stock android is much better
02:49 AM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
TouchWiz is horrendous, but Sense 5 doesn't seem much better if you're actually going HTC One. I have a One X and it's a great bit of hardware but I got rid of sense asap.

Yeah my buddy has a One X, I've had a bit of a play on it and it seems alright but I've not used it too much. I'm going to go into the shop and see what the score is, one of my friends girlfriends just got the new Sony Xperia and he is raving about it.

The thing I'm not keen about on the One is having all your social network stuff as your homescreen, not my bag. Is Sense something you can just uninstall or do you need to put a custom ROM on it?
04:40 AM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
This is my home screen and my lock screen at the moment and I'm still stock. All you have to do is install a custom launcher like Nova/Apex etc.

Cheers, looks rad.

I think I'm gonna go for the HTC One, one of the things that has really swayed me is the aluminum body and all the good stuff I've read about the general construction of the phone vs the sammy ones
02:49 AM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
I actually laughed when they both came out of the woodwork and posted right after each other, android nerds to the rescue or what.

From everything I've read the One has a more premium finish vs the S4 so it will feel better in my hands. I always get a nice sturdy case for my phones so dropping them is a moot point for me really, unless they go down the shitter. I've had Sammy phones for a few years and I'm happy enough to go give the HTC One a go, a lot of my friends have had HTC devices and they've all been happy enough with them.
02:57 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
get a grip you idiots, we were only talking about a fucking phone. i can't even be bothered to read all of that reply.
02:54 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
i hate how you can't uninstall certain apps on some phones. i know they're more than likely part of the image when it is flashed on the device, but it's shitty not being able to get rid of stuff i don't use. can't even uninstall facebook
03:10 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
Rooting and flashing a new image would be the only way. You can disable apps and hide them from the app drawer too but that's not much of a fix

yeah, i have a feeling i will be putting the stock android rom on my htc one in the near future, i know there's a google play edition of the phone so hopefully i can just get that image. i've had it about a year so getting slightly bored of it now haha, not due an upgrade just yet either
05:41 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I believe there is a stock rom for it. I have the One M8 and there was one for it from day one so I'd assume that's from the original One

ahh cool, i'll have to have a look on xda later when i'm at home and get it sorted out
08:56 AM on 06/09/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
quick google says if it's rooted it will do that. just do a google with your phone model, i'm not too sure what else to suggest

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos