Username
Password

04:56 PM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I don't get what's hard to understand about it. Android offers many features that iPhone is lacking in, and if you purchase one of their more high-end devices, they are virtually lag free, with 8 mp cameras (or better), HD video, SD storage, batteries you can swap out with ease, etc.

I paid $299 for my Android phone at my upgrade price instead of the $299 32GB iPhone 4 and still have no regrets. Came with a 32GB micro sd card, too, and 4G LTE.

Both phones are great, depending on what you need, though. I may give iPhone a shot for my next phone. I do love my Macbook Pro, anyways. However, I really love having flash player, built-in navigation, 4G LTE and being able to download 3rd party apps from the internet with no jailbreak are nice, as well. Plus, fully customizable homescreens with widgets galore! You can literally download any app from the internet with a .apk extension and install it on your phone. Very handy.

Plus, Google Music cloud storage rocks. Free storage of all my music online that I can access from any computer and on my phone.
05:03 PM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
For real? I've never used that phone so I can't comment on it, but no Android I've ever used has even come close to an iPhone for me. I'll have to give it a test drive.

Samsung really knows how to build a phone. I am looking into getting a Galaxy SIII when that comes out in Verizon, soon. Their Google Galaxy Nexus is also a very solid phone with pure Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

HTC tends to really know how to make a good looking UI on their phones along with a very smooth experience, as well. My HTC Thunderbolt barely ever lags. Thing's dying lately, though. I beat the hell out of my phones lol.
06:45 PM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, 4G phones are absolute drains on battery life. I think that smartphone makers have been getting a lot smarter about that lately, though. I've heard that the newer HTC phones have great battery which shocks me since my last two were pretty bad xD. I last a day though so I don't care too much about charging nightly.
12:46 PM on 06/29/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Easy, it's all about open-source.

Not to mention price. I pay $25 a month with unlimited data and text and more than enough talk, yet I have an awesome rooted, modded Android phone.

Also, check this out: http://cnettv.cnet.com/reasons-andro...-50095696.html (This video is a little outdated, but the points are mostly still true)

I love having a rooted phone. Also, great video you posted there. The only false thing about it currently is that iPhone is no longer JUST on ATT.

Hey, anybody see this?

Google's new voice search in Jelly Bean is faster than Siri and sounds more human. Interesting. I really cannot decide if I want an iPhone or another Android phone next >_<.
09:41 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
just moved from Iphone 4s to HTC One X and I must say, ICS is not very user-friendly. It has flash,so that's great. But the amount of apps that wouldn't get apples seal of approval is saddening. I downloaded the firefox browser and it didn't have copy/paste. the stock browser was lacking usability with the tab situation, and so now i'm onto a third which isn't the prettiest but it gets the job done. ICS/HTC Doesn't really "push" emails, just checks it often. Battery on the HTC is Horrible, but that isn't androids fault i guess. Even with minimal apps, it always seems cluttered. I don't really know what to think right now. The pros- Super fast phone, 4g speeds, and flash outweighs the Iphone. But if the next iphone gets flash then i'm going back for sure. Back to better battery, push, and i'll give the iphone the benefit of the doubt that it'll make a stellar looking phone.

also, GPS is horrible on the HTC. Apple finds me in seconds. HTC needs to reboot sometimes. I can't blame the phone, it has to be the OS.

Why would you download Firefox? That's known to be one of the worst browsers out there - on computers and ESPECIALLY on Android. That things been getting so many negative reviews around the Droid websites XD. Trust me on this one- Try out Dolphin Browser HD. I don't think you will regret it. I've been using this browser for years and I love it.

I agree on GPS sucking on HTC. I don't know if this is with all android phones because I've only owned an HTC Incredible and HTC Thunderbolt, but GPS did take forever to lock on in both. At least android even has built-in navigation, unlike Apple (although I hear the new iOS will have it?).
09:42 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah the great thing I find about Android is if you don't like the phone you can spend about an hour and basically have what looks and feels like a new phone.

I used to waste SO much time downloading custom ROMs and themes for my phones. Oh my God, hours and hours.
12:27 PM on 07/31/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-contract.html

Verizon's Galaxy Nexus is now free at Best Buy with a new 2 year contract. And yes, this includes upgrading your plan. I'm definitely considering it. I'm going to miss my unlimited data if I do so, but I just can't afford a new phone at full retail.
01:14 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Love my galaxy nexus. Jellybean runs great. I'm so glad to see how much Android has improved since Gingerbread.
11:54 AM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Android... now on Nikon cameras.

Jellybean, though.

Rad
01:47 PM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Google music is the shit. I love the app and I love how all my music can be stored on the cloud for free.
11:13 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I'll have to give Google music a try, I've only paid for one app in my life and I wasn't......too thrilled with it in the end haha.

Search 4shared for the .apk :Shrug:
09:50 AM on 09/13/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
want that jelly bean update nowww

Don't worry too much, there really isn't much of a difference between ICS and JB aside from swiping up for google now or whatever. It is a nice little upgrade, though. Seems to be a bit slower on my GNex than ICS, though.
05:50 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
damn thats beautiful....i wish i could afford a Nexus 4 and that i wasn't only 8 months into my phone contract....looks like ill be waiting till the next nexus phone model and im still gonna have to use my Galaxy nexus

Meh, looks nearly identical to the Galaxy Nexus and I'm fine with how intuitive Jelly Bean is on it :)
07:36 PM on 12/23/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Do any of you guys know an app that automatically downloads podcasts using my phone?

Is that possible? Instead of manually downloading every podcast I listen to is there a way I can just have it automatically download?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-podcast-apps-android/

^ six of the best android podcast apps, looks like a few of them have autodownload, but not all are free. Looks like the ad-version of Acast is the only free one with auto downloads.
07:39 PM on 12/23/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Google Music is the best.

You know, I loved Google Music when it was in beta, but now that it's official and tons of people are using it, I've noticed how god-awful slow it is to load songs over a data connection. I can't rely on any of my cloud music to play when I drive in the car, I have to make sure to pin my favorite, most-listened to stuff over wifi before going out :\

I do love Google Music though and definitely recommend it, but it's just a bit of a gripe I've had lately. Maybe New Hampshire just has shitty service with Verizon

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos