AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:27 AM on 06/30/12 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
About to swap my iPhone 4S for a Galaxy 3 after playing with my friend's and being amazed by it. Android is a bit tricky to get used to at first after the simplicity of iOS but the options and features of the Galaxy 3 are far superior to the current iPhone IMO. Also, I love the bigger display which actually makes messages/maps/websites/ebooks readable for me.

This is a pretty big switch for me since I've had an iPhone since the first generation and I'm totally wedded to iTunes and iCloud, but Apple is starting to lag behind on their phone tech to an unacceptable degree. I'm not holding out a great deal of hope that the iPhone 5 will offer a significant improvement on the 4S - I doubt they'll make any drastic changes to the operating system or even to the design of the phone. A bigger screen at least would be a good start on getting some ground back on the Galaxy 3 and might tempt me back to Apple, but I think they'll still fall short of what Samsung is offering.

The smartest thing Samsung did was get the jump on the iPhone 5. I know so many people who've had to replace their iPhone 4 and have jumped straight to the Galaxy 3 because the 4S is just not up to its standard.
09:25 PM on 07/02/12 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
Got my Galaxy 3 and absolutely love it. Everything on the phone works seamlessly - even transferred my iTunes library wirelessly without any fuss. I can't even re-load my iTunes library to my iPhone from cloud without it causing major problems. Very impressed so far.
07:18 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
TheBaroness
Melbourne, Australia
Female - 30 Years Old
just moved from Iphone 4s to HTC One X and I must say, ICS is not very user-friendly. It has flash,so that's great. But the amount of apps that wouldn't get apples seal of approval is saddening. I downloaded the firefox browser and it didn't have copy/paste. the stock browser was lacking usability with the tab situation, and so now i'm onto a third which isn't the prettiest but it gets the job done. ICS/HTC Doesn't really "push" emails, just checks it often. Battery on the HTC is Horrible, but that isn't androids fault i guess. Even with minimal apps, it always seems cluttered. I don't really know what to think right now. The pros- Super fast phone, 4g speeds, and flash outweighs the Iphone. But if the next iphone gets flash then i'm going back for sure. Back to better battery, push, and i'll give the iphone the benefit of the doubt that it'll make a stellar looking phone.

also, GPS is horrible on the HTC. Apple finds me in seconds. HTC needs to reboot sometimes. I can't blame the phone, it has to be the OS.

There should be an app-based solution for most of the issues you're reporting - i.e. for a web browser, I suggest Dolphin HD or Chrome (both have tabs); you might want to download a battery monitor and an 'app killer' (Android keeps apps running in the background, often without your knowledge, and an app killer will help you monitor that and kill apps you don't need running); and I'm pretty sure you can get better email clients that will more effectively support Push. Also, if you don't like your 'launcher' on the HTC you can get one that's more to your tastes.

Basically, the main difference I've found between iOS and Android is that everything sits on the surface with iOS, with Android there are layers upon layers and if you're coming from iOS and not accustomed to that, you kind of forget or overlook the fact that you really can dig deep into the phone and pretty much access or mod everything that's going on in there.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos