Username
Password

01:05 PM on 06/12/13 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm getting a new phone soon. Is it worth shelling out for the S4?
Had mine for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I think it's certainly worth the money. Phone runs smooth as silk and has about every option/feature you can think of. Switched from using the iPhone for a long time and ain't going back.
02:10 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
So I have an upgrade available and I'm really used to iOS and iPhone's in general. I've been debating about switching over to Android or just waiting out until the fall to see what Apple has to offer, but I think I'm really interested in the Galaxy S4. I really like the fact that everything is customizable and that it has a better camera (I take a lot of pictures). Does anyone have an opinion of whether I should switch over?
I switched to the S4 for a month, and while it's a great phone hardware wise, I switched right back to the iPhone. It really comes down to whether or not you will find the extra features useful and if you can adapt to the OS. I would say not do it but every user is different.
05:05 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah...I went back.
11:35 AM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
That's pretty nice, I'd be more into it if they were square. Really feeling flat sqaure icons at the minute. Below is what I ran for an absolute age on my last phone.

Check out Goolors Square icon pack. I believe that's the correct spelling. Square and flat icons and there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of icons.
04:03 PM on 09/10/14 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
Specs don't tell the entire story:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/speed-test-...-lg-g3-1464441

That "spec beast" of a Note 4 doesn't even beat out a year old A7 chip in a simple OS speed test.
07:43 AM on 09/11/14 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm mainly talking about RAM and display, the ghz don't REALLY matter, I agree, especially when you're in the 2-3ghz range. My main point of posting that screen shot was to show that Apple is boasting about something that has been done a couple of years ago. The only REAL innovation the Iphone 6 (not the plus) has over others is the sapphire screen, there is literally no other innovative piece of technology associated with the phone.

I'm not well versed in the ways of Apple products, I think I've only held an Iphone once or twice since the 5/5s came out, so talking about their processor is to me like the difference between foreign/domestic cars.

This is where I will stop you because you obviously are not completely knowledgeable on what these new Apple phones actually offer and bring to the table for all consumers. They do not have sapphire screens (Ion strengthened glass) and the technology that has been implemented, while not new, will now be more useful to all consumers (including Android users) than they ever were before with the implementation of Apple Pay and retailers finally getting on board with NFC. 92% of users today do not use NFC so that is a largely useless feature that Android users have always bragged and boasted about but didn't care about. As someone before said you cannot compare the A8 chip to the 805 and the user experience goes beyond specs. Software optimization to hardware plays a major role in the user experience and that is why Apple has been able to use lower RAM but deliver a smooth and power efficient experience. They make the software for their own device, no other manufacturer can truly say that today.
10:06 AM on 09/24/14 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't necessarily think tons of people settle for an Android because of price alone however this graphic shows the price gap between iOS and Android devices and I have to think this would have a major influence on a lot of buyers:

10:26 AM on 09/24/14 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
People clamoring over the price of the Moto X and Moto G is evidence people are going to buy that phone at least partially because of the value.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos