Username
Password

08:41 AM on 07/04/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Looking to get the HTC Evo 4G LTE, pretty stoked, my current android is a basic/pos.
11:26 AM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Finally got the HTC EVO 4G LTE, I'm in love with it so far. Anyone have one or have any suggestions for music apps? I've been using just the stock one, which isn't bad but I dislike how the menu runs.
10:43 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Google music isnt too bad. I like player pro, but that is a paid one if you are into that sort of thing.
I'll have to give Google music a try, I've only paid for one app in my life and I wasn't......too thrilled with it in the end haha.
12:27 PM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Player pro does have a 15 day trial free app I believe. Android also has a 15 minute refund time frame for paid apps as well.
Yeah, I did notice that, I may give it a try if Google Play one isn't too hot.
Search 4shared for the .apk :Shrug:
I am sort of....holding back from this, because I fear once I get away with it what I will become haha.
12:38 PM on 09/09/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Thinking of upgrading my HTC to the One M8 or mini 2...it's frustrating how torn I am between the two.
12:47 PM on 09/09/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't understand the needs to make a smaller variant of a flagship phone, maybe due to hand size of some people? I use the G3 and can text with one hand if need be.
Eh, I just hate huge phones in general. I have a HTC which is large but it's about as big as I'd want to go. I don't watch Netflix or anything on my phone, so I have generally no use for the huge screen. It just becomes an annoyance in my pocket/hand.
01:11 PM on 09/09/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I agree to an extent, the G3 is as big as I'd like to go with a normal every day use phone. I say that because I have a Nexus 5 that I play around with and flash ROMs when they're updated.

I think the perfect size for a screen (not considering the device itself) is 5", that way 1080p with a 440-450dpi doesn't look blurry. Getting into the 5.5"-6" territory is only useful if the screen is 4k, like the G3 or Oppo Find 7. Luckily I haven't had any problems with my G3 in terms of display quality or daily usage, but I'm still not entirely happy, I'll see what the new Moto X or Nexus X has to offer.
Makes sense. For me, the G3 and S5 are too wide that they feel awkward. I'm sure I'd get used to them, but have no desire to. Plus I love Sense, haven't been too impressed with the others I've seen. Although, I should give Moto's a look, can't say I've really looked into them much.

Yeah, agreed 5" is about perfect for me +/- a little. I tend not to be too picky with resolution though as long as it's not shite I'll be happy.
01:49 PM on 09/09/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
It's weird, I have the G3 which the girlfriend has the S5, the screen size is different between the two but the overall size of the device is the same, it's weird and it's annoying that some manufacturers keep this huge bezel for seemingly no reason (HTC being the exception due to speakers).

I've owned the HTC One M7 for a few months and I did like it, but found it was too narrow for how tall it was, but the build quality and the screen was awesome. I quickly got rid of Sense, though, and installed an AOSP ROM and stuck with that. Never really got around to the bells and whistles of Sense or Touchwiz. The Google UI along with the G3's UI are damn near perfect, with Google taking the cake.

Regarding the resolution, most people won't be able to tell the difference between 4k and 1080p, especially if the devices are the same size (S5 and G3 I see no differences despite the .3" difference). But I guess since I look at the specs more so than an average user, I see 420dpi as opposed to 445dpi both on displays running at 1080p. Yea, I probably won't know the difference, but it's all in the numbers and in this area, bigger is better in every sense of the phrase.

I hope Google will get their shit together with the new Nexus and have Motorola implement and external SD, or 32/64gb variants and leave it at that. I don't care about the removable battery or what not, just give me something where I can up the storage if I so choose.

To me, even after a year, the Nexus 5 is the best device I've owned and that has been released. I still mess around with it but don't use it as a daily driver, but seeing Android L running on there it makes me miss using it from day to day.
Yeah, the S5 in my opinion is just...weird. The screen/size just are not comfortable I think. I think HTC hits it out of the park, I prefer the narrow design by far.

I guess I never cared enough to go through the trouble of new ROM's so I just picked up Sense and I love how it handles. Knowing I'm using the outdated version gets me excited as well to see the upgrades.

It makes sense that you're looking at the numbers and knowing where they stand, the differences will be more apparent for sure. Unless the resolution is shit, I don't notice. Bigger is better. M8 is 1080, mini 2 is 720...definitely a factor though not a big one.

No external is a deal breaker for me. I throw all my music on my phone and shit, so I need that space. I would've gone M7 maybe if it had external.

Never looked much into the Nexus, not a fan of the style of the phones so I just overlook them at that point.
02:10 PM on 09/09/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
The fact that Samsung is still using a BUTTON is beyond me, maybe go capaciitive like the M7 did, but a physical button is laughable.

I'm too much into cell phones and development, if I had more time in my personal life I'd probably dive into Linux and give it a go but I'd never be able to stop until I got it right, and that would be too time consuming.

My G3 is a 32gb, plus I have a 64gb SD in there and just about all of my external storage is taken up by music, I'm like you where I don't watch tv or movies on my phone, but I do use it as a method of downloading torrents. I don't really NEED the 5.5 but the 4k gimmick caught my eye but in the end, the 5" 1080p IPS Nexus 5 looks better in every which way.

Bottom line is this, there are maybe a handful of apps that are designed to the 4k resolution. So in reality, you're looking at a 5.5" 1080p display while playing most games and using most apps that aren't Google related. Launchers and browsers are 4k, but I don't know what else is.

I'm done blabbing for today.
Agreed, I don't get it. Feel like they would've moved on at this point like everyone else.

Haha, nice! I've always wanted to but never had the time and it's too far gone at this point.

I've never tried the torrenting, interesting...yeah I never read much into 4K to get caught up in the craze. Need to look into the Nexus 5...

Hmm, I gotcha. At the moment, not much of a selling point I guess. Thanks! That makes sense.

Thanks for the info, dude!
11:04 AM on 09/10/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Don't waste your time with the Nexus 5, give it until about November because that's when the Nexus 6(or X) will be coming out, also the Moto X 2014 will be out by then. If the new Nexus is a stinker, I'll probably be buying another Nexus 5 since the price will most certainly be dropped by that point.
Fair enough, will keep my eyes open for them. Thanks
I had the HTC One M8 for a week and hated it. Surprised to hear such great things about it.
Really? Why did you hate it? Everything I've seen for it has been great, review/hands-on wise that is.
06:16 AM on 09/18/14 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Picked up a HTC one mini 2 to try it out, figuring if I don't like it my wife can have it. It's smaller than I thought, but damn is it a great phone...I think I'm one of the few who loves Sense. Blinkfeed is a pretty nice as well. Still torn between it and the M8.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos