AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:58 AM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Thought this would be a good place for people that either have a android phone or tablet (or android discussion in general), since the Apple thread is starting to get clogged up with other stuff.

With google I/O going on, they have already announced Jellybean 4.1, and the Nexus 7. Here is a review of the Nexus 7 from Engadget

12:12 PM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
So jealous. I doubt I will even get a ICS update on my phone. I hate being on US Cellular, and their shitty phone selection. At least I already have good 4G coverage in my area so when I get a 4G I will be good to go.

The Galaxy S3 will definitely be my next phone, I can't believe USC is getting it at the same time as the "Big 4"
02:12 PM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
I was thinking about the Galaxy S3 but it seems the reviews are so so on it. Someone convince me.

I want one pretty bad just because it has ICS and it would be my first 4G phone, I just wish it had stock ICS as a option.
02:15 PM on 06/28/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
I definitely need an upgrade since I'm still rocking the Droid X, but I'm wondering if it would be worth waiting for something in the fall. I'm not sure what is slated to be released this year.

What carrier are you on? This is really meant to be Samsung's flagship phone moving on, its their end all be all, and is pretty much Androids flagship phone going toe to toe with the iPhone. Im guessing the next iPhone will be out this fall if you aren't interested in android again.
12:06 PM on 06/30/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Anyone have any advice on android tablets? I currently have a HP touchpad with Ice Cream Sandwich installed on it, but I am going to give it to my mom since she wants a tablet and I am looking to upgrade. I am looking for a wifi only version, and preferably more than 16gb. I kind of want to get the Nexus 7, but I sort of want a bigger screen than that.
11:11 AM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Anyone have launcher recommendations? Not even sure which one I'm running now but just looking for something that can conserve more battery (if change of launcher would even make a difference).

I saw that you said that you have the HTC one V IIRC, I have heard apex launcher and nova launcher are good for ICS devices.
05:37 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Just got a nexus 7 and I am posting from it right now, omg jellybean is so buttery smooth.
02:04 PM on 08/17/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Just got the Galaxy S3 for US Cellular

Anyone got case recommendations?
09:05 PM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
I have had my GS3 since last Friday and I am seriously in love with this phone, its so great and frigging fast.
01:42 PM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Finally got the HTC EVO 4G LTE, I'm in love with it so far. Anyone have one or have any suggestions for music apps? I've been using just the stock one, which isn't bad but I dislike how the menu runs.

Google music isnt too bad. I like player pro, but that is a paid one if you are into that sort of thing.
11:45 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
I'll have to give Google music a try, I've only paid for one app in my life and I wasn't......too thrilled with it in the end haha.

Player pro does have a 15 day trial free app I believe. Android also has a 15 minute refund time frame for paid apps as well.
12:56 PM on 08/29/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 hands on:

Also, the Samsung Galaxy Camera (actually looks pretty sweet)

12:57 PM on 08/29/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Also, Samsung Galaxy S3 jelly bean update is "coming soon"
08:16 PM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Interested to see what apple reveals on Wednesday and deems "as new"

Still in love with my GS3 also.
08:54 PM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Agreed. Feels great to have a cutting edge phone within the first few months of release.

Makes sense though, this is the most cutting edge phone us cellular has ever had in their history, and it's pretty crazy they got it within a month or so of the "big 4" carriers.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos