Password

10:14 AM on 06/13/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
how did you make that home screen?

Are you referring to me? And if so, can you be more specific on what you're curious about? The icons are the Snack Pack icon pack, and is applied through Apex Launcher, while the clock I use is BobClockD3 :).

It's a minimalistic text clock with roboto light font I can share the files when I'm home. That notification bar was hell to make ha. Had to do it in photoshop from files made for a smaller phone, it was also the reason I ditched theme.

Oh man that must have been a pain in the ass haha I've customized an HTC sense skin on my old Thunderbolt before through photoshop and it was definitely annoying.

Sweet man, I would definitely love to take a look at those files when you've got the chance.
02:04 PM on 06/13/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
Firefox is slow as shit on Android in general. Try using Dolphin Browser HD or Chrome. Also, do you know what particular OTA you got?

No idea really, opera was always fine and that's slow as shit now. I was on a custom rom then put it back to stock (gingerbread) and got a jellybean update. Bit of a pain but I think I'll just wait it out for now until my upgrade
Hope I can get the version with stock android, I'm really not a fan of touchwiz
Edit: its 4.1.2
12:03 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
Switched carriers and got my first smartphone in like 4 years and got the Samsung S3, any must have apps or anything for it?
12:17 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Switched carriers and got my first smartphone in like 4 years and got the Samsung S3, any must have apps or anything for it?

Social networking:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Vine

Misc:

Chrome browser
Flipboard
Snapchat (for n00dz)
12:28 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 27 Years Old
Social networking:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Vine

Misc:

Chrome browser
Flipboard
Snapchat (for n00dz)
Haha at Snapchat, but thanks.
Haven't had much time to play with the phone yet, but really loving it.
12:31 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
subbin
10:53 PM on 06/18/13 
User Info.
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
Daytona Beach, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
So I have an upgrade available and I'm really used to iOS and iPhone's in general. I've been debating about switching over to Android or just waiting out until the fall to see what Apple has to offer, but I think I'm really interested in the Galaxy S4. I really like the fact that everything is customizable and that it has a better camera (I take a lot of pictures). Does anyone have an opinion of whether I should switch over?
10:23 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
Got my s4 last Friday. It's pretty neat.
12:44 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
I was gonna go for the S4 but I'm thinking about going for the HTC One now, it looks really smart.
01:10 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
So I have an upgrade available and I'm really used to iOS and iPhone's in general. I've been debating about switching over to Android or just waiting out until the fall to see what Apple has to offer, but I think I'm really interested in the Galaxy S4. I really like the fact that everything is customizable and that it has a better camera (I take a lot of pictures). Does anyone have an opinion of whether I should switch over?
I switched to the S4 for a month, and while it's a great phone hardware wise, I switched right back to the iPhone. It really comes down to whether or not you will find the extra features useful and if you can adapt to the OS. I would say not do it but every user is different.
03:47 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
Had mine for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I think it's certainly worth the money. Phone runs smooth as silk and has about every option/feature you can think of. Switched from using the iPhone for a long time and ain't going back.

I switched to the S4 for a month, and while it's a great phone hardware wise, I switched right back to the iPhone. It really comes down to whether or not you will find the extra features useful and if you can adapt to the OS. I would say not do it but every user is different.

03:52 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
hahaha.

The only bad thing I'll say about Samsung phones is that TouchWiz is fucking awful, stock android is much better
04:05 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah...I went back.
02:02 AM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
hahaha.

The only bad thing I'll say about Samsung phones is that TouchWiz is fucking awful, stock android is much better
TouchWiz is horrendous, but Sense 5 doesn't seem much better if you're actually going HTC One. I have a One X and it's a great bit of hardware but I got rid of sense asap.
02:49 AM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
TouchWiz is horrendous, but Sense 5 doesn't seem much better if you're actually going HTC One. I have a One X and it's a great bit of hardware but I got rid of sense asap.

Yeah my buddy has a One X, I've had a bit of a play on it and it seems alright but I've not used it too much. I'm going to go into the shop and see what the score is, one of my friends girlfriends just got the new Sony Xperia and he is raving about it.

The thing I'm not keen about on the One is having all your social network stuff as your homescreen, not my bag. Is Sense something you can just uninstall or do you need to put a custom ROM on it?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos