AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:30 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
sosayweall
Male - 45 Years Old
a) i don't give a shit about your opinion, I prefer HTC's, fuck me right? b) he mentioned drop tests.

I really don't give a shit that you like samsungs and you shouldn't give a shit that i prefer another brand. You have your opinion, I have mine and water is wet.
I know you didn't mention drop tests, just wanted to make sure you didn't waste your time looking for one when I asked you for proof.
Why would I have a problem with you preferring HTC products over Samsung's? I was discussing your claim that the build quality of one device is better than another one, which is not a matter of opinion. As I said before, you probably don't mean build quality, and you probably mean the way it "feels" in your hand.

And if you don't give a shit about other opinions, why are you even in this discussion forum? If you truly do not care, it doesn't make sense that you are replying to people or posting here at all.
07:51 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
ominousnimbus
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
^ this. You can prefer and buy HTC all you want. I just question the claim that "build quality is better." Build quality basically means durability, to me. I'm not sure there's any solid evidence in favor of one or the other.
02:15 AM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
are you two like 12?
02:49 AM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
I actually laughed when they both came out of the woodwork and posted right after each other, android nerds to the rescue or what.

From everything I've read the One has a more premium finish vs the S4 so it will feel better in my hands. I always get a nice sturdy case for my phones so dropping them is a moot point for me really, unless they go down the shitter. I've had Sammy phones for a few years and I'm happy enough to go give the HTC One a go, a lot of my friends have had HTC devices and they've all been happy enough with them.
08:15 AM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
sosayweall
Male - 45 Years Old

I actually laughed when they both came out of the woodwork and posted right after each other, android nerds to the rescue or what.

From everything I've read the One has a more premium finish vs the S4 so it will feel better in my hands. I always get a nice sturdy case for my phones so dropping them is a moot point for me really, unless they go down the shitter. I've had Sammy phones for a few years and I'm happy enough to go give the HTC One a go, a lot of my friends have had HTC devices and they've all been happy enough with them.
Ah, name-calling and an ad hominem, the worst and second worst types of arguments in a disagreement.

Blueskyburning, What makes a "premium" finish anyway? Is aluminum that much more expensive than polycarbonate? HTC has a few good phones, the One included. I'm not arguing that. My point is that the way a phone feels in your hand compared to another phone is subjective. Some people like how the S4 feels lighter, or don't like how hot the One gets since it is made of mostly metal. The build quality of one phone over another isn't subjective, which I don't think SomedayTheFire really meant to say in the original post I replied to. What does all of this matter if you are going to just mask your phone in a case anyway? These are things you should actually think about:
-HTC One's disappointing button lay out
-The camera. The One is better in low light, however the S4 has better quality overall.
-Sense Vs Touchwiz.
-S4's repairability score is an 8/10 and the HTC One is a 1/10.
-Removable battery of the S4. The removable battery is good because all electronics start losing it's charge after a year or so. Swapping batteries out is cheaper and easier with the S4. Also, some people like to carry around a spare battery in situations just in case.
-If you don't use headphones, the One has pretty nice front facing speakers.
-Expandable memory of the S4. I like having videos, music, pictures, and the ability to download whatever off of my phone onto my 64 GB microSD card. The One's 26 GB of usable storage just isn't enough. The microSD card isn't tied to the phone, so I can use it with my other/next phone, tablet or computer.

SomedayTheFire, Yes I'm 12. Got those sources to support your claim yet, Sir? Also, the S4 has Gorilla Glass 3, while the One has Gorilla Glass 2.
11:44 AM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Ah, name-calling and an ad hominem, the worst and second worst types of arguments in a disagreement.

Blueskyburning, What makes a "premium" finish anyway? Is aluminum that much more expensive than polycarbonate? HTC has a few good phones, the One included. I'm not arguing that. My point is that the way a phone feels in your hand compared to another phone is subjective. Some people like how the S4 feels lighter, or don't like how hot the One gets since it is made of mostly metal. The build quality of one phone over another isn't subjective, which I don't think SomedayTheFire really meant to say in the original post I replied to. What does all of this matter if you are going to just mask your phone in a case anyway? These are things you should actually think about:
-HTC One's disappointing button lay out
-The camera. The One is better in low light, however the S4 has better quality overall.
-Sense Vs Touchwiz.
-S4's repairability score is an 8/10 and the HTC One is a 1/10.
-Removable battery of the S4. The removable battery is good because all electronics start losing it's charge after a year or so. Swapping batteries out is cheaper and easier with the S4. Also, some people like to carry around a spare battery in situations just in case.
-If you don't use headphones, the One has pretty nice front facing speakers.
-Expandable memory of the S4. I like having videos, music, pictures, and the ability to download whatever off of my phone onto my 64 GB microSD card. The One's 26 GB of usable storage just isn't enough. The microSD card isn't tied to the phone, so I can use it with my other/next phone, tablet or computer.

SomedayTheFire, Yes I'm 12. Got those sources to support your claim yet, Sir? Also, the S4 has Gorilla Glass 3, while the One has Gorilla Glass 2.
OK you win the galaxy is the best ohone ever thank you for turning me wow this is amazing I'm going to throe my htc out and buy a galaxy today
02:21 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
Android users fighting each other, cool.

What custom ROMs you guys using?
02:57 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
get a grip you idiots, we were only talking about a fucking phone. i can't even be bothered to read all of that reply.
03:35 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
sosayweall
Male - 45 Years Old
OK you win the galaxy is the best ohone ever thank you for turning me wow this is amazing I'm going to throe my htc out and buy a galaxy today
Really? Why can't you have a mature discussion? No one is trying to "turn" you. I wanted sources because I'm honestly interested in how these two phones actually compare to each other in terms of build quality/durability.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this and the rumors surrounding it:
http://www.slashgear.com/moto-x-deta...dump-08289405/
Anyone interested in this phone? If my current phone didn't already out spec this, I'd be pretty interested. Especially if it's going to get fast updates and have a low price tag. I'm really rooting for Motorola.
03:41 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
sosayweall
Male - 45 Years Old
get a grip you idiots, we were only talking about a fucking phone. i can't even be bothered to read all of that reply.

Cool. But there are things I wrote that you might want to consider. No need for name calling. I don't understand the need for you to try to insult people.
03:44 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Really? Why can't you have a mature discussion? No one is trying to "turn" you. I wanted sources because I'm honestly interested in how these two phones actually compare to each other in terms of build quality/durability.

This is exactly what I was getting at a page ago when I told him to chill out haha. It's just a discussion. I'm very interested in both phones, as well (my dad has the s4 and it's awesome, and with the HTC One coming to Verizon very soon, I'm not sure which one I want to buy!)

The irony is that he asked if you were 12 when he's the one acting like a complete child
03:45 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Please stop quoting me.
03:45 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
This is exactly what I was getting at a page ago when I told him to chill out haha. It's just a discussion. I'm very interested in both phones, as well (my dad has the s4 and it's awesome, and with the HTC One coming to Verizon very soon, I'm not sure which one I want to buy!)
u r dumb dumb
04:09 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected

The irony is that he asked if you were 12 when he's the one acting like a complete child
I'd get the One because it looks better. The S3 and S4 aren't really aesthetically pleasing. But my brother did complain that his One was slower than he thought it would be, and I haven't complained about the S3s speed before. I guess he needs software updates. But all the top phones of 2013 have decent specs, I'd even consider the Xperia ZL if I wanted to stray from the pack.
04:29 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
sosayweall
Male - 45 Years Old

Ha yeah, it seems like some people here are taking opposing arguments as personal attacks. What happened to a civil/polite discussion? I'm just going to assume SomedayTheFire is trolling and ignore him, since he has not tried to refute anything, but instead tried using sarcasm and an ad hominem to invalidate my point.

As for what phone to buy, You should wait until the offerings from Motorola to come out to decide, or at least wait for their specs to be released. The Droid Ultra and the Droid Maxx are supposedly coming soon. The Moto X seems like it is going to be a decent midranger. There are also some other devices, but I wouldn't hold out for those since you are on Verizon and they are bad with getting good new phones, especially on time. Look up some info on the new Droids coming and tell me what you think. What phone do you have now and what do you look for in a phone?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos