Username
Password

04:21 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Took me near all day but my Moto X is near software identical to a Nexus 5 now.
07:06 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Took me near all day but my Moto X is near software identical to a Nexus 5 now.
how's the moto x? I've got the little brother moto g. I love it, runs beautifully. Yet to glitch.
07:08 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
how's the moto x? I've got the little brother moto g. I love it, runs beautifully. Yet to glitch.

I got the Moto G because that's what I can afford at the moment...It's arriving tomorrow. I noticed it doesn't support LTE - how is the speed for you and what network are you on? Do you have a lot of apps on it?
07:13 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
I got the Moto G because that's what I can afford at the moment...It's arriving tomorrow. I noticed it doesn't support LTE - how is the speed for you and what network are you on? Do you have a lot of apps on it?
that's why I got the moto g but for the price I think it's the best market value.

I'm on tmobile but I hardly if ever use the network so I can't comment about that sorry. I'm always on wifi, it detects and connects to even the weakest signals. I'm a low to mid level app user and it never gives me an issue with having multiple app open. I upgraded to kitkat without any issue. My favorite feature is the wider screen. Battery life would go a good 24 hours for an average user. I would be sure to go for the 16 gig since there's no SD slot.
07:17 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
that's why I got the moto g but for the price I think it's the best market value.

I'm on tmobile but I hardly if ever use the network so I can't comment about that sorry. I'm always on wifi, it detects and connects to even the weakest signals. I'm a low to mid level app user and it never gives me an issue with having multiple app open. I upgraded to kitkat without any issue. My favorite feature is the wider screen. Battery life would go a good 24 hours for an average user. I would be sure to go for the 16 gig since there's no SD slot.
I got the 8GB because I don't like to store much on my phone, so storage isn't an issue. That's still good to hear though, thanks. I'm on T-Mobile too.

I'm really glad it's just stock Android, my previous two Androids were T-Mobile branded so there's a lot of bloatware I couldn't uninstall (even if I could hit the "Disable" button on Jelly Bean).
08:13 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Pretty great so far, came with a lot of bloat ware and at first I was really worried I'd miss my nexus 5 but i side loaded the Google Now Launcher, made Google apps the default for everything, and disable all but one of the bloat apps it comes with from verizon. That plus switching to ART means that software wise its virtually identical to my Nexus. The smaller screen doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would and it almost feels more solid than the Nexus 5 just because the overall device is smaller so its a lot more dense and feels heavier even though its not. Takes a little getting used to having the volume rocker on the right but that wasn't bad. Really loving it so far, definitely softening the blow.
08:15 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Moto G was intended mostly for India and China, 4G isn't well supported there yet so it wasn't included as it would have added cost to what is intended to be a very low cost device and wouldn't have added any benefit for most of its target market. Still a really solid phone that's just why it doesn't have 4G
08:21 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Moto G was intended mostly for India and China, 4G isn't well supported there yet so it wasn't included as it would have added cost to what is intended to be a very low cost device and wouldn't have added any benefit for most of its target market. Still a really solid phone that's just why it doesn't have 4G
That makes sense. Still, I've heard mostly good things so I'm guessing the lack of it isn't as bad as I'm probably thinking it is.
08:25 PM on 04/30/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
That makes sense. Still, I've heard mostly good things so I'm guessing the lack of it isn't as bad as I'm probably thinking it is.
When I had my Nexus on AT&T I rarely got 4G just because of the area I live in. 3G was enough for damn near everything, didn't even notice a difference unless I tried to stream HD video and even then only if my signal was bad. So if they offered a version of the G for even just $50 more with LTE I'm not sure I'd bother with it to be honest.
11:06 AM on 05/01/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
When I had my Nexus on AT&T I rarely got 4G just because of the area I live in. 3G was enough for damn near everything, didn't even notice a difference unless I tried to stream HD video and even then only if my signal was bad. So if they offered a version of the G for even just $50 more with LTE I'm not sure I'd bother with it to be honest.

Oh, the Moto G doesn't come with a power adapter, just a USB charger. So...what kind of power adapter do I get?

EDIT: Never mind, my current one actually will work just fine!
01:59 PM on 05/01/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Oh, the Moto G doesn't come with a power adapter, just a USB charger. So...what kind of power adapter do I get?

EDIT: Never mind, my current one actually will work just fine!
I was just going to say that I'm always near a computer so it's no problem but it should be compatible with just about any android adapter. I used my girlfriend's old one.
02:23 PM on 05/01/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
I was just going to say that I'm always near a computer so it's no problem but it should be compatible with just about any android adapter. I used my girlfriend's old one.

What launcher do you use? I have to go through three screens just to toggle on/off data, and I can't customize the home screens. I also can't seem to close all apps at once.
02:36 PM on 05/01/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
What launcher do you use? I have to go through three screens just to toggle on/off data, and I can't customize the home screens. I also can't seem to close all apps at once.
pretty sure I use the stock android launcher. Going through three screens to toggle off data is what I do as well (scroll down menu, top right bar, settings, data). There's probably a faster a way but since I don't use mobile data I've never even had data on.

Are you talking about widgets for customizing the home screen? There's plenty of stock widgets and they'll update depending on what apps you get.

When you click the windows button in the bottom right you'll get the apps to open up but as far as I can tell you have to close them one at a time.

There may be better launchers out there but I wouldn't be able to help you on that one sorry :/
02:37 PM on 05/01/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
pretty sure I use the stock android launcher. Going through three screens to toggle off data is what I do as well (scroll down menu, top right bar, settings, data). There's probably a faster a way but since I don't use mobile data I've never even had data on.

Are you talking about widgets for customizing the home screen? There's plenty of stock widgets and they'll update depending on what apps you get.
For toggling, I found an app called Power Toggles - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.painless.pc so that solved that issue. It's also easy to toggle wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, brightness, etc. I'm glad I found it.

No, removing and adding home screens.
02:44 PM on 05/01/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
To my fellow VPN users: Do NOT update to KitKat 4.4.2 or below. It's apparently broken and is looking to be fixed in 4.4.3. I usually use a data saving app called Onavo Extend that compresses my data through a VPN, but now it just flickers mobile data off and on every 10-20 seconds. So frustrating >_<

From googling around, this is an android-wide thing, and not just my s4 with kitkat, so I thought I'd point it out. Actually did a factory reset the other day thinking it was the OTA upgrade :(

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos