AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:09 PM on 05/03/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
My phone's been on KitKat this whole time and it was fine the first day and a half, but now the data is painfully slow...I've only used 1GB of my 5GB limit of high speed data so I don't understand. Yes the Moto G can only hit 3G but until last night it was doing just fine. It just suddenly slowed down. I've e-mailed T-Mobile about it, but I know it's not the OS because the first thing I did when I got the phone was update it, and for over 24 hours the speed was great.

I'm wary of doing a factory reset so soon after getting it because that annoys me to no end, but if I have to then I will. If anyone knows of any tips/suggestions to help, that would be appreciated. Data aside, this is definitely phone is the best I've had. I also hope 4.4.3 comes sooner than later, regardless.

EDIT: Seems to be OK now? That was weird. Hope it doesn't slow down again.
It's gotta be tmobile. I haven't had a single issue with incoming or outgoing data via wifi and you'd think if it's the OS then I should've had that issue. I've had this for about 6 weeks, not a single problem with wifi data, I doubt it's the system.

However, I'll tell you that sending SMS messages has been a pain and a half. In many cases I'll end up sending double messages or receiving double messages. That's not an issue with the moto G/android though as my brothers who have LG and alcatel phones have the same exact issue. I also can't send or receive picture texts because of issues with the data policy.

edit: you seem to know how to do things in terms of setting up the moto G nicely...can you tell me some of the good "standard" apps you're using and why? Like are you booting up with the stock stuff or are you using new stuff? Anything to help keep data use limited? etc.
01:50 PM on 05/04/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
It's gotta be tmobile. I haven't had a single issue with incoming or outgoing data via wifi and you'd think if it's the OS then I should've had that issue. I've had this for about 6 weeks, not a single problem with wifi data, I doubt it's the system.
Yeah, it went away pretty quickly, as I did edit my post. It was fine. It's been OK since. Must have been random.

Quote:
However, I'll tell you that sending SMS messages has been a pain and a half. In many cases I'll end up sending double messages or receiving double messages. That's not an issue with the moto G/android though as my brothers who have LG and alcatel phones have the same exact issue. I also can't send or receive picture texts because of issues with the data policy.
Yes I had that issue with my previous two phones (Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G / LG Optimus L9) constantly and it was weird. On this phone, though, so far so good!

Quote:
edit: you seem to know how to do things in terms of setting up the moto G nicely...can you tell me some of the good "standard" apps you're using and why? Like are you booting up with the stock stuff or are you using new stuff? Anything to help keep data use limited? etc.
I turn auto-sync off and I don't actually use a third-party launcher. The only two apps I'd rec for that phone are the security app Lookout and Power Toggle (that I mentioned earlier). Everything else I have is social/games: FB messenger, twitter, instagram, viber (for free calling/texting to other viber users), snapchat, angry birds, bejeweled blitz, etc. Oh and Mr. Number for blocking numbers from calling/texting.
07:54 AM on 05/11/14 
User Info.
esposimi
The Human Fund
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
KitKat leaked for my phone, updating now!
12:12 PM on 05/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
KitKat leaked for my phone, updating now!

I wouldn't bother until 4.4.3 is released, honestly. There's a known bug with KitKat where apps that use the camera don't actually kill the camera when the app is closed, so Android OS sucks up a huge portion of battery, as well as VPNs being broken (although that second bug probably doesn't matter for the average user).

Seriously though, Android System will be taking up 20% battery (pretty normal) and Android OS will be taking up anywhere between 15-40% (pretty not normal) on my phone ever since updating >_<
01:34 PM on 05/11/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
There's a known bug with KitKat where apps that use the camera don't actually kill the camera when the app is closed
That must be the reason my app keeps crashing randomly
06:15 PM on 05/11/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Had my Moto G for quite a bit now, it's definitely the best I've owned, can't believe it was under $200, I'm more than happy with it. Don't have to charge it as much as my previous two phones. It's not freezing up or being slow, it's running exactly the way I would hope it to.

I'm guessing 4.4.3 will arrive this month or next?
06:27 PM on 05/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
That must be the reason my app keeps crashing randomly

Yeah :\ it's times like these that I'm really pissed at being a Verizon customer because they take so damn long to push out their updates- Who knows when I'll see the 4.4.3 fix haha. Hopefully a root method will be found soon for the Verizon S4 running KitKat so I can just update it myself (maybe there is one and I'm just unaware)
10:24 AM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Well, moto E ($129) and Moto G 4G ($219) announced.
01:41 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
Had my Moto G for quite a bit now, it's definitely the best I've owned, can't believe it was under $200, I'm more than happy with it. Don't have to charge it as much as my previous two phones. It's not freezing up or being slow, it's running exactly the way I would hope it to.

I'm guessing 4.4.3 will arrive this month or next?
it's a beautiful device, glad you're happy with it. Minor glitch I've found and it's the weirdest thing...if I'm charging using the USB wire attached to an AC adapter...the screen becomes super glitchy and I can't scroll and stuff. I rarely use the AC adapter but it's just something to keep an eye out for.
01:42 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
Well, moto E ($129) and Moto G 4G ($219) announced.
the moto G 4G also has a micro SD slot!! Ugh, I should've waited.
02:03 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 26 Years Old
What are some cool icon packs you guys would suggest I should download ? Looking to revamp my phone a little.
04:45 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
What are some cool icon packs you guys would suggest I should download ? Looking to revamp my phone a little.

I like Naxos Flat Round icon pack a lot. Tondo Premium and Spectra are also great round icon packs. Morena for a more squarish-rounded corner icon is a good pack too.

Naxos:

Tondo:

Spectra:

Morena:
05:13 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 26 Years Old
I like Naxos Flat Round icon pack a lot. Tondo Premium and Spectra are also great round icon packs. Morena for a more squarish-rounded corner icon is a good pack too.

Naxos:

Tondo:

Spectra:

Morena:
Thank you sir ! I'll be sure to check these out. What launcher do you use ?
05:14 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
Thank you sir ! I'll be sure to check these out. What launcher do you use ?

Np! I use Nova Launcher Prime, and it's definitely my favorite. Apex is good too. Go Launcher is neat, but runs kind of slow on some phones
05:19 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 26 Years Old
Np! I use Nova Launcher Prime, and it's definitely my favorite. Apex is good too. Go Launcher is neat, but runs kind of slow on some phones
For some reason Apex has given me some problems. Nova is pretty nice but I've never used prime. I take it prime isn't free.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos