Username
Password

04:19 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Np! I use Nova Launcher Prime, and it's definitely my favorite. Apex is good too. Go Launcher is neat, but runs kind of slow on some phones
For some reason Apex has given me some problems. Nova is pretty nice but I've never used prime. I take it prime isn't free.
05:48 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
For some reason Apex has given me some problems. Nova is pretty nice but I've never used prime. I take it prime isn't free.

Haha nahh it costs money but is well worth the features imo. ...but between you and me, you can usually just Google around for the .apk file for any app (I usually specify the latest version number of the app to make sure I'm not getting something outdated because you can't update them through the Play Store), and you can just install it yourself. Really easy, there's a checkbox somewhere in your settings to allow the installation of 3rd party applications onto your phone. Works for any Android phone and doesn't require root.
06:02 PM on 05/13/14 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Haha nahh it costs money but is well worth the features imo. ...but between you and me, you can usually just Google around for the .apk file for any app (I usually specify the latest version number of the app to make sure I'm not getting something outdated because you can't update them through the Play Store), and you can just install it yourself. Really easy, there's a checkbox somewhere in your settings to allow the installation of 3rd party applications onto your phone. Works for any Android phone and doesn't require root.
Awesome ! Thanks for the help ! This helps a lot
08:50 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
This is how I installed the Nexus 5's launcher on my Moto X. Super easy to do.
09:50 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Np! I use Nova Launcher Prime, and it's definitely my favorite. Apex is good too. Go Launcher is neat, but runs kind of slow on some phones
can you go back to the stock launcher if you don't like nova? is there a noticeable drain on battery life?
11:11 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
can you go back to the stock launcher if you don't like nova? is there a noticeable drain on battery life?

Yeah, you just have to go to the launcher currently running in your application settings, and just clear its defaults. Next time you hit your "Home" button, it will ask you which launcher you want to choose.

No battery differences that I can tell. Plus, Nova runs a lot snappier than Samsung's TouchWiz UI on my S4 anyways.
11:25 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, you just have to go to the launcher currently running in your application settings, and just clear its defaults. Next time you hit your "Home" button, it will ask you which launcher you want to choose.

No battery differences that I can tell. Plus, Nova runs a lot snappier than Samsung's TouchWiz UI on my S4 anyways.
This may be Moto X/stock android specific, but when I installed a second launcher the "Home" option appeared under the Device section of settings that lets me change the launcher without having to clear anything.
11:31 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
This may be Moto X/stock android specific, but when I installed a second launcher the "Home" option appeared under the Device section of settings that lets me change the launcher without having to clear anything.

Yeah, I think it depends on the phone, so I just said what should work for any Android device. Since I got KitKat on my S4, I now actually have a "Default Applications" section under my "More" Settings where I can set the defaults for Home and Messaging
08:52 PM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
esposimi
The System Is Down
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old

I've used Nova for over a year on my Razr HD, and never looked back. Much faster than ther Motorola launcher.
04:27 AM on 05/15/14 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Hi.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I've used Nova for over a year on my Razr HD, and never looked back. Much faster than ther Motorola launcher.
I may go back and use it, I'm currently using Apex and I like it a lot. I may try Nova again though.
07:28 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Apple is being sued over iMessage causing SMS messages to not be delivered to Android Users who switched from an iPhone
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-lawsuit-iphones-dont-deliver-texts-to-android-2014-5
07:46 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Apple is being sued over iMessage causing SMS messages to not be delivered to Android Users who switched from an iPhone
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-lawsuit-iphones-dont-deliver-texts-to-android-2014-5

Good. I love Apple products, but the company needs a swift kick in the rear for a lot of their policies/actions
07:47 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Good. I love Apple products, but the company needs a swift kick in the rear for a lot of their policies/actions
Would be nice to get this fixed, though I think its more of a bug than a designed flaw. Granted not one they're in any hurry to fix I'm sure.
07:49 PM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Would be nice to get this fixed, though I think its more of a bug than a designed flaw. Granted not one they're in any hurry to fix I'm sure.
Yeah it probably is just a bug that they dont care to fix haha. There seem to be a lot of weird bugs between iOS and Android though, my friend's iPhone5 hasnt been able to receive a picture message from my S4 for the past month or two, really annoying haha
09:45 AM on 05/22/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Apple formerly acknowledges iMessage bug, will release a fix in the near furture

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos