AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:07 AM on 07/18/14 
User Info.
ominousnimbus
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
I just use the default one. Don't mind jumping to chrome.
This. I've never quite understood why the Twitter app is so deeply unpopular. I'd much rather open links in a dedicated browser than some shoddy implementation within the app, but to each his own I guess.

FWIW, every third-party app I've tried (only 2 or 3, really) has either been slower, uglier, or both than Twitter's own app.
11:35 AM on 07/18/14 
User Info.
chndvivek
vivek
No Avatar Selected
haha............
11:47 AM on 07/18/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
This. I've never quite understood why the Twitter app is so deeply unpopular. I'd much rather open links in a dedicated browser than some shoddy implementation within the app, but to each his own I guess.

FWIW, every third-party app I've tried (only 2 or 3, really) has either been slower, uglier, or both than Twitter's own app.

Agreed
01:57 AM on 07/20/14 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male

Same. It's not great, but I don't get the consensus over it being sucky.
01:35 PM on 07/20/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Yeah I've been using the default one for a while now
12:19 PM on 07/24/14 
User Info.
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
No Avatar Selected
Boston, MA
Male - 20 Years Old
Talon is pretty dope
06:55 PM on 07/24/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
it's kind of difficult to want to latch onto paid twitter apps because most twitter apps haven't really stayed consistent, that's why i'm glad carbon wasn't paid. it looked great but after a while i just got "eh" with it and returned to the default app.
06:02 PM on 08/12/14 
User Info.
ledothu
MUABAN1S.net
No Avatar Selected
Amazing Google
12:49 PM on 08/20/14 
User Info.
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
I just got a OnePLus in the mail. It's HUGE. Haven't even turned it on yet.
02:37 PM on 08/21/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
I just got a OnePLus in the mail. It's HUGE. Haven't even turned it on yet.
Damn you were able to get an invite for that? Have you compared it to the S5 or the G3?
03:21 PM on 08/21/14 
User Info.
RaginCajun
Damn you were able to get an invite for that? Have you compared it to the S5 or the G3?
Yeah i got an invite relatively fast, maybe about a month after registering to the forum. Made about 4 jokes on the forum and bam woke up one morning to an email invite. I was coming from an S3 so the difference is of course night and day. I wouldn't compare it to S5 just because S5 doesn't look good. I mean, s5 looks the same as it's predecessors. But the internal parts are pretty much the same except you get more ram in the OnePLus than the S5 and G3. Other than that same chips, slightly different camera stats, different sizes, but all around all similar just about preference. I like the clean operating system in the one as opposed to locked phones with clutter from carriers(att, verizon) and addons like Sense. I like the double tap to wake up. Hardly ever have to press the power button . But i'm sure s5 and even HTC one m8 will have something cool too.

Worst thing is right now i heard that customer service for the ONEPLUS is poop. So hopefully I don't drop it or anything.
06:21 AM on 08/22/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
Yeah i got an invite relatively fast, maybe about a month after registering to the forum. Made about 4 jokes on the forum and bam woke up one morning to an email invite. I was coming from an S3 so the difference is of course night and day. I wouldn't compare it to S5 just because S5 doesn't look good. I mean, s5 looks the same as it's predecessors. But the internal parts are pretty much the same except you get more ram in the OnePLus than the S5 and G3. Other than that same chips, slightly different camera stats, different sizes, but all around all similar just about preference. I like the clean operating system in the one as opposed to locked phones with clutter from carriers(att, verizon) and addons like Sense. I like the double tap to wake up. Hardly ever have to press the power button . But i'm sure s5 and even HTC one m8 will have something cool too.

Worst thing is right now i heard that customer service for the ONEPLUS is poop. So hopefully I don't drop it or anything.
Well the G3 has 3gb of RAM, so I think it's the same as the Oneplus, the biggest deciding factor is the 1080p 5.5 inch screen as opposed to the 4k 5.5 inch screen of the G3. Normally the eye can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k, but at that large of screen size, the DPI become visible.
07:24 AM on 08/22/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Well the G3 has 3gb of RAM, so I think it's the same as the Oneplus, the biggest deciding factor is the 1080p 5.5 inch screen as opposed to the 4k 5.5 inch screen of the G3. Normally the eye can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k, but at that large of screen size, the DPI become visible.
The G3s screen would be a light nicer if there was any of amount of 4k content available. 1080p video running on a 4k screen doesn't really look any better, and text scaling can break down at that res
09:16 AM on 08/22/14 
User Info.
RaginCajun
on paper the ppi is actually way better on the G3...but i doubt people will notice. personal preference, i prefer the One's look/material/feel. Also, cyanogen kills and is clean. Both cameras are good but G3 has a better focus time...
At this stage I'm picking on look as I think all the new phones have something to offer that another doesn't
10:18 AM on 09/05/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Say hello to the new Moto X

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music