Username
Password

10:35 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Surprisingly, and I just got my One X yesterday after using an S3 for a while and I much prefer the HTC. It just feels like the more premium phone and after messing around with it, removing sense, it's pretty much the same I think. Music player wise, no stock music player is ever good I find. I got to get one off the store. I make sure you pick up the VLC beta off the store

I think both phones need to catchup to iPhone's music player. Iv heard great things about vlc. Heard it streams from computer without being on the same network.
Neither phone designs truly shine to me, I think Sony is making way better looking xperia phones other than the ion. They both have a different feel, HTC feeling better but smudges and protruding camera doesn't help. Ultimately the battery is far improved on the galaxy. Lasts longer and charges faster. I need that.
But I'll throw on vlc, that's my player of choice on desktop anyway

Ps. I Dont care what benchmarks say but I felt as if the HTC was faster and more responsive. When I press the home button on the galaxy there's always a little lag. When I tap to scroll to the top there's a lag. That sucks. But it truly keeps programs open when multitasking which I like. Instead the HTC always refreshes when you return and thus it will log you out if you're logged in . or if youre typing something and come back to it you essentially have to start again
01:18 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
So I figured this would be a good place to ask: I'm thinking about getting rid of my iPhone and picking up an Android. Does anyone know of some phones I can look into?
01:21 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
SAVE.US_EMB11D
Collegeville, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
So I figured this would be a good place to ask: I'm thinking about getting rid of my iPhone and picking up an Android. Does anyone know of some phones I can look into?

What's your network?
01:26 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
AT&T
01:29 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
I think both phones need to catchup to iPhone's music player. Iv heard great things about vlc. Heard it streams from computer without being on the same network.
Neither phone designs truly shine to me, I think Sony is making way better looking xperia phones other than the ion. They both have a different feel, HTC feeling better but smudges and protruding camera doesn't help. Ultimately the battery is far improved on the galaxy. Lasts longer and charges faster. I need that.
But I'll throw on vlc, that's my player of choice on desktop anyway

Ps. I Dont care what benchmarks say but I felt as if the HTC was faster and more responsive. When I press the home button on the galaxy there's always a little lag. When I tap to scroll to the top there's a lag. That sucks. But it truly keeps programs open when multitasking which I like. Instead the HTC always refreshes when you return and thus it will log you out if you're logged in . or if youre typing something and come back to it you essentially have to start again

You see our basic needs differ, I will never use my phone as a music player, therefore the lack of aa decent player isn't a deal breaker. My battery hasn't been fantastic so far, but what I read is it gets better over time multitasking is nerfed completely but there are mods for that, best thing about Android is you're never stuck with what you buy
01:29 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Just got Dead Trigger. This game is so so pretty.
01:33 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
SAVE.US_EMB11D
Collegeville, PA
Male - 22 Years Old

Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC One X, or the LG Nitro. The Motorola Atrix HD also looks good, and is coming out on Sunday.
01:45 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC One X, or the LG Nitro. The Motorola Atrix HD also looks good, and is coming out on Sunday.
I've been looking at the SIII and I'm thinking that's going to be the one I'll upgrade to. The ability to upgrade up to 64GB via microSD and the $150 price at Best Buy/Wal-Mart basically wooed me. The Atrix looks pretty good too, I'll have to look into the price for it though.
01:46 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
SAVE.US_EMB11D
Collegeville, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I've been looking at the SIII and I'm thinking that's going to be the one I'll upgrade to. The ability to upgrade up to 64GB via microSD and the $150 price at Best Buy basically wooed me. The Atrix looks pretty good too, I'll have to look into the price for it though.

It'll probably be $200, but there might be a sale right off the bat, who knows.
01:47 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
You see our basic needs differ, I will never use my phone as a music player, therefore the lack of aa decent player isn't a deal breaker. My battery hasn't been fantastic so far, but what I read is it gets better over time multitasking is nerfed completely but there are mods for that, best thing about Android is you're never stuck with what you buy
That's probably true. Ever since I got the HTC I realized that I didnt need to bring my MacBook air with me to work. Because of that I started to see the weaknesses. Galaxy is doing things I like.
I need it as a music player cause I dont want to walk around with my iPod cause too many things in my pocket takes away from my natural bulge
01:49 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old

Sam's club was selling it for $170. Anywhere is better than buying it from the carrier which I did and regret. Wasted $70
01:51 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, I saw that it was $149 at Wal-Mart for a two-year contract but I imagine it'll be closer to that with the sales tax incorporated into the price.
02:34 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Remember, be a thinking actor.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Picking up my S3 at best buy tomorrow. Woooo
02:53 PM on 07/12/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Remember, be a thinking actor.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Got the S3. So far I'm loving it. haven't had too much time to play around with it though.
04:37 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
I Promise I Will Let You Down
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Just got a nexus 7 and I am posting from it right now, omg jellybean is so buttery smooth.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos