Seeking Empire - 06.28.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Alan had a vision for the band and this was the name he had in mind.
2. How did this band get started?
A couple of years ago, each member was in their own band, and Al approached myself and Nikki to start this project. Shortly after that, we got a hold of Paul and Cary.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I'm a huge fan of the Deftones, Cursive, anything Dave Grohl as well.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would still say Deftones, because they have influenced me for so long. Then again, I would probably just freeze up and not say anything to them lol.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Beef jerky or McRibs
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we've poured a lot of ourselves into it and we're very proud of where we are.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
The Governator.....in the 80's. Wait, is that an athlete?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank 8lb. 6 oz. baby Jesus, and my parents.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Bringing it back to the music, not so much the silver lining or package.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Waking up underneath a kitchen table in LA....and not remembering how you got there.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A means to discover artists and get great information.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Radiohead...anything off of OK Computer.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Disco... it's how I got this nervous twitch... and it reminds me of cleaning day.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Super human strength and the ability to fly...basically Superman without the ridiculous outfit. Because flying and punching through heavy stuff is pretty awesome.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
10 jumping jacks and 2 budweisers
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I work on boats.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I would like to think so. It's great because it's still a means to discover music and get it out to a wider audience.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang out with friends and family
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can break wind on command... sort of
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |