AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Metal News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Metal
Inside AP.net

Lamb Of God Frontman Has Not Been Arrested: Story...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/29/12)
Update: Randy is free.

A fairly complicated story has been developing last night and this morning regarding charges made against Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe. Although it was first reported via a Czech news site that Blythe had been arrested and charged with manslaughter, with some claims that he faced 5-10 years in prison, the band's PR firm has sent out a statement saying that no charges have been filed yet. The alleged arrest came in regards to a May 24, 2010 incident at a show in Prague, Czech Republic, where Blythe attacked a fan who rushed the stage. The fan fell off the stage and harshly hit his head, and died after being comatose for two weeks. The statement from the band's PR firm is below, and we'll update with news whenever something is confirmed. It seems as though an investigation will continue over the weekend.
From Adrenaline PRLAMB OF GOD management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos.

Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head.

Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27.
10:04 AM on 06/29/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Whoa
10:06 AM on 06/29/12
ARo2431
User Info.
Over two years later why are they now looking to press charges? Pretty crazy situation....seems like a freak accident.
10:10 AM on 06/29/12
Lysrothtuck
User Info.
At worst, it sound like Randy was simply trying to defend himself from a person running directly at him.
10:15 AM on 06/29/12
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
IMO it would be harsh for him to get serious jail time for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got at least a year. An accident clearly, but a dude died...
10:17 AM on 06/29/12
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
This is unbelievably bizarre. Hopefully Randy and the boys make it home safe and this whole thing blows over.
11:09 AM on 06/29/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
I guess they were waiting on him being back in Prague for that bullshit... Fuck eastern Europe.
11:27 AM on 06/29/12
WishYouAway
User Info.
I mean, I guess, that technically is manslaughter, or at least negligent homicide. He didn't mean to kill the guy, but pushing him off the stage into the crowd like that is certainly causal enough for charges that reflect an absence of motive.
11:33 AM on 06/29/12
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
If there was really no problem, why was their show last night canceled?
11:38 AM on 06/29/12
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
Any videos of the incident?
11:46 AM on 06/29/12
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
Over two years later why are they now looking to press charges? Pretty crazy situation....seems like a freak accident.
Maybe it's the first time LOG have been back to the Czech Republic and only chance to have got him since.
01:03 PM on 06/29/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
From what I've read, it was Randy moving the kid towards security away from the stage.
01:46 PM on 06/29/12
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
That's pretty sad for the guy. Randy obviously didn't do anything wrong but I hate when people die from dumb shit.
01:47 PM on 06/29/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
he won't spend a day in jail
02:13 PM on 06/29/12
wait now here
User Info.
... Fuck eastern Europe.

I hear they have the best prostitutes in the world. I really wanna go someday.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests