Username
Password

09:11 PM on 07/02/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old

Decided to give this a listen, very glad I did. Thanks for posting this.
07:02 AM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Glad you checked it out/enjoyed it. One of my favorite albums released this year.

Definitely. Kind of sounds like if AJ Perdomo made an indie rock album with a little bit of country.
09:11 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
question for you kids ...

Last night my son played a small local show with a few others to help out a touring band coming through.
Nothing huge but there was around 75 kids there total.

The venue PA shit to bed with 2 bands left to play and so many kids left and missed a pretty dope electric / acoustic / whatever you call it / sing along by both bands who made the best out of a shitty situation.

There were alot of new faces but those who stayed were having a blast getting all sweaty and trying extra hard to help the bands get through by dancing screaming and whatnot. Bands played a few cover songs as well so EVERYONE who stayed could get in on the action. Turned out to be a pretty cool thing.

I cant understand why so many kids left. I was shocked how quick kids bolted. Maybe 20 of the 75 stayed and bands were telling everyone WE ARE STILL PLAYING STICK AROUND.

I thought kids would support their scene abit better.

Would you people have left so quick ???

That's weird that most of them bailed. A few months ago a friend of mine had two touring bands come play a house show, Random Holiday and Batten Down The Hatches. As it was, we got one too many noise complaints and had to shut it down. Another friend of mine went to grab 2 or 3 acoustic guitars, and most people stuck around for an acoustic sing-a-long/hangout sort of thing. Just as awesome, if not better than a full band show.
05:55 PM on 07/22/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Anyone want to be the one to tell Don he's four years late?
08:39 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Man Overboard is bad.
12:34 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Definitely excited about this show. Last couple of shows I've been to I've kept to the back, because I just can't keep up with the front of the crowd at shows like these anymore, it's not fun. Definitely looking forward to this from a more spectatorial standpoint, and less of an interactive one.
06:02 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
I understand why someone wouldn't be into Misser, but I'm not seeing what makes them so bad.
06:42 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Ok, that Misser song really is bad, definitely my least favorite off the album. There are a few not so great songs on that album, but I enjoy 2/3 of the record. It's also a stand out in what has been a really bad year for the genre, which isn't too deep talent wise.
07:00 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
The menzingers, the holy mess, dads, glocca morra, jeff rosenstock. Nope

On The Impossible Past was and is still great, but the rest of those I was just bored with. I'm not denying the talent, but I just wasn't into it. Daytrader, Basement, Make Do And Mend, Hostage Calm, Title Fight, and Spraynard all had really great releases this year that some might try and classify as pop punk, but I definitely wouldn't.
07:11 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Haha, I said in my post that I don't think any of those bands are pop punk, Spraynard included. Like I said, some might think they're boring, but I thought those Star Slight recs were boring, besides The Menzingers.
07:21 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Man get outta here with your misser ass

Not saying I didn't like them, I'm just saying they weren't for me. Maybe they'll grow on me, I'll give em a few more listens. I'm not even saying I loved that Misser record, I just didn't think it was as bad as people were saying it was.
09:14 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Not sure if anyone aside from Thomas actually fucked with the Pentimento record, but I'd honestly say that was top 10 for me. Maybe even top 5.

Pretty much where it is for me. I think it might barely miss my top 5.
11:14 AM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
If this wasn't a Jenkins for Denning switch, Drew really dropped the ball.
07:32 PM on 03/13/13 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Holy shit.
08:41 AM on 03/14/13 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Why anyone would want more than one shirt for a band is beyond me.

Edit: What I meant to say was, I don't see why people would want multiple shirts for one band, not multiple band shirts in general. I just think the money would be better spent supporting more bands.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos